The Daily Getaways promotion is back yet again, a bit earlier than last year. In 2023, the promotion starts on Monday, June 12, 2022. A preview for the first two weeks is now available…
- On Monday, June 12, you can buy IHG One Rewards points for 0.5 cents each
- On Tuesday, June 13, you can buy Hilton Honors points for 0.5 cents each
- On Wednesday, June 14, you can buy discounted Florida theme park tickets
- On Thursday, June 15, you can buy Accor hotel stay packages
- On Friday, June 16, you can buy Marriott gift cards at a discount
- On Monday, June 19, you can buy Choice Privileges points for 0.52 cents each
- On Tuesday, June 20, you can buy discounted hotel stays at The Venetian in Las Vegas
- On Wednesday, June 21, you can buy Omni hotel stay packages
- on Thursday, June 22, you can buy Wyndham Rewards points for 1.17 cents each
- On Friday, June 23, you can buy Best Western Rewards points for 0.55 cents each
So What Makes Sense?
Only the Choice Privileges points packages are selling for a lower price than you can buy directly (during promotions). So buying some Choice points is certainly worth considering.
Some people also find a use for the IHG and Hilton Honors points packages. You won’t save money; but you will circumvent annual caps on buying direct from the hotel chain.
Marriott gift cards are close to free money for those who stay regularly at Marriott hotels. As a result, these tend to sell quite quickly.
For the other packages, you can definitely find value there. But you need to pay very close attention to the fine print – your money is as good as gone if you can’t make use of the hotel certificates…