IHG Rewards has launched another award sale. You can save 20% on award stays of 1-3 nights.
As with the previous iteration of this promo, co-branded credit card holders in the United States were given a head start, but selected IHG members were targeted later on.
- You must BOOK by April 5, 2022
- You must STAY before May 25, 2022
- Stays must be 1-3 nights in length
- you cannot, therefore, combine this promotion with IHG’s 4th Night Free benefit for credit card holders
- You will receive a 20% discount on the number of points required
- due to IHG’s variable award pricing, there is no guarantee that some award prices weren’t increased before the start of the promotion…
- You can also book a Points & Cash award and receive a 20% discount on the cash portion
- again, due to IHG’s variable award pricing, this may or may not be a true discount…
Not Open to All
Unfortunately, not all IHG Rewards members are eligible. My account is eligible, most likely because I am still a Platinum member after all of the extensions…
However, my wife – who actually needs a hotel stay and has more IHG points and recent IHG stays than me – is not eligible.
Even though the period for booking (and subsequently staying) is quite limited, it is still nice to see IHG Rewards giving certain members a window to spend their IHG points well. However, the exclusion of many IHG members is very frustrating…
Have you found any bargains? Let us know in the comments section…