In the latest installment of our monthly rundown of hotel chain promotions, these are the main chain-wide promos available in April 2021.
Marriott’s promotion will run until April 27, 2021. Registration is required before April 13th (click here).
The promotion is pretty simple. Members can earn:
- Double base points (i.e. an additional 10 points per US dollar spent pre-tax)
- Double elite night credit
The most important fine print is:
- Stays must be 2+ nights in length
- Only PAID stays will qualify (stays combining award nights + a paid night also qualify if booked as a single reservation)
The double point element provides an additional 7-8% of rebate on your pre-tax spend. But the main attraction is the double elite night credit, which can help you quickly earn or renew your Platinum or Titanium status.
World of Hyatt
Hyatt’s promotion will run until June 15, 2021. Registration is required before May 15th (click here).
Members can earn:
- 2,000 bonus points every second night (nights do NOT need to be consecutive)
- After ten nights, a free night certificate valid for 180 days at any Category 1-4 hotel (Cat. 4 = 15,000 points)
The effective 1,000 bonus points per night works out to a rebate of $15+. This is great for cheap stays (and even better for award stays, since they attract the bonus as well), but clearly not fantastic for expensive stays.
In normal times, the free night certificate would be quite valuable, but ongoing travel restrictions make it harder to extract maximum value.
Hilton’s promotion will run until May 2, 2021. Registration is required (click here).
Members can earn:
- 2,000 bonus points per stay
- After every five nights, 5,000 additional bonus points
2,000 bonus points per stay works out to $8-10. If you make it to exactly 5, 10, 15, etc. nights you’d earn an additional $4-5 per night. This isn’t very good! But if you only ever stay one night at a time at cheaper hotels (or when using points on award stays), then this promotion is ok.
IHG do not seem to be running a chain-wide promotion in April 2021, but has been offering personalized promotions to some or all members. Click here for details.
Radisson’s promotion will run until April 30, 2021. Registration is required (click here).
The promotion is pretty simple. Members can earn double base points (i.e. an additional 20 points per US dollar spent pre-tax)
The double point element provides an additional 7-8% of rebate on your pre-tax spend. It does feel, however, that Radisson has stopped making much of an effort in recent years, and this promotion is no exception…