Your most embarrassing moment could win you the vacation of a lifetime if you are one of five winners of a trip for two people to an island in Belize — where you will enjoy your own butler; a private pool; and your very own Southwest Airlines travel concierge to handle every detail of your travel preparation and trip — in what is part of the Wanna Get Away sweepstakes from Southwest Airlines…
…and if the name of that sweepstakes sounds familiar, it should: you could be one of 25 winners of a round trip flight to any Southwest Airlines destination to where you can travel with a companion in this iteration of the promotion.
How to Enter This Sweepstakes
Through Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 11:59 in the evening Eastern Daylight Time — using either your Twitter, Instagram or Facebook account — describe your funny, most embarrassing moment; and the moment is not required to be related to travel. Including a photograph or video is not required; will not increase your chances of winning; and will not be used during the judging process. Be sure to include the hashtags: #WannaGetAway and #Contest when you share on Twitter, Instagram, or comment on Facebook — or your official submission will not be eligible as an entry in the contest. Your caption and hashtags together are your submission.
- Twitter Log into or create your Twitter account and:
- Follow @SouthwestAir on Twitter if you have not done so already
- Create and “tweet” your submission
- Your account settings must be set to unprotected or public in order for your “tweets” to be viewable by the sponsor of this contest and its agents
- Instagram Log into or create your Instagram account and:
- Follow @SouthwestAir on Instagram if you have not done so already
- Create and post your submission to your Instagram account
- Your Instagram profile must be public and thus viewable by the sponsor of this contest and its agents in order for the entry to be valid
- Facebook Log in or create your Facebook account and:
- Visit the official Facebook Internet web site of Southwest Airlines
- Log in or create your Facebook account
- Follow the directions of the advertisement posted by the sponsor of this contest to submit one submission
Each entrant may post, “tweet” or comment on Facebook one submission during the contest period. Submissions received from any person or e-mail address in excess of the stated limit will be void.
No purchase is necessary in order to participate in this contest as an entrant; and purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
This contest is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who:
- Are at least 21 years old at the time of entry
- Have a valid Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account; and
- Did not purchase any photography or video equipment for the purposes of entering this contest
- Provide truthful information as required
Grand Prize — Five Winners
Five people will be chosen to win the grand prize — each of whose approximate retail value is $8,820.00 — of a trip for two people to San Pedro in Belize for the specific travel dates of Wednesday, February 1, 2017 through Saturday, February 4, 2017, which consists of the following elements of the package:
- Round trip air travel for the winner and one guest on Southwest Airlines to Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport
- Round trip transportation from Philip S.W. Goldson International Airport to Cayo Espanto
- Three nights of accommodations at a hotel property — single room, double occupancy — which will be at the choice of the sponsor
- Three meals per day per person plus snacks are included; and winners will be sent a checklist of food and dietary needs prior to the trip to ensure that their dietary needs are met — such as dairy-free or nut free as two of many examples
- Activities included on the island include paddle boarding, kayaks, hobie cat and snorkeling — but spa services are excluded; and fishing may be excluded — but all activities can be arranged directly by the assigned house assistant for each winner
There is a limit of one prize per person; and travel must occur on the specified travel dates — or the winner forfeits the prize.
Determination of Winner
Five winners of the grand prize will be determined according to the process set forth below in two distinct phases — subject to the compliance of the entrant with the official rules:
- Submission and Voting Phase Each eligible entrant who submits an entry will be encouraged to have his or her friend “like” their submission if on Facebook; “favorite” their submission if on Instagram; and “retweet” their Submission if on Twitter — each of which will be considered a vote. The total number of votes for each eligible entrant will be tallied; and vote tallies will be used to determine the score for the public appeal criterion — included in the judging criteria described below — for the submission or each entrant. Entrants who receive a higher number of “likes” on Facebook; “retweets” on Twitter; and “favorites” on Instagram will receive a higher public appeal score.
- Judging Phase A panel of qualified judges will select the five entrants with the highest-scoring submissions based on the following judging criteria:
- Fit to Contest Theme — 35 percent of the score
- Creativity — 30 percent of the score
- Originality — 30 percent of the score; and
- Public Appeal comprised of “likes”, “retweets” and “favorites” — 5 percent of the score
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose submission received the highest score for “Fit to Contest Theme” — as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion — will be deemed the applicable potential winner from amongst the tied entrants.
The entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals who appear in the submission to use their names and likenesses in the submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may not be included in a submission with a photograph or video. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to the sponsor.
The submission must:
- Be in a format acceptable to the applicable social media channel
- Contain the promotional hashtags
- Must be in English
- Cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind
- Not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement
- Not contain content created by a third party, such as images or artwork
- Not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by the sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in your submission in this contest
- Not disparage the sponsor, administrator, or any other person or party
- Not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- Not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- Not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the submission is created.
Select Official Rules
Potential grand prize winners will be notified by @Southwestair via Direct Message on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook on or around Wednesday, October 19, 2016 and will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within five days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his or her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by the administrator. If a potential prize winner fails to provide a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release or any other requested information, he or she may be disqualified and forfeit the prize. In the event that a potential prize winner cannot be contacted, fails to take the steps above, forfeits the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, the administrator will select an alternate potential winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to three alternates, if time permits. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded.
Winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail values. The grand prize must be accepted as awarded or it will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Travel must be round trip. The sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. Travel companion must be at least 21 years old at the time of travel and must execute liability and publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Winner and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced.
No substitution, exchange, or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize or any prize component for one of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and use.
If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he or she is responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents.
Other official rules — as well as terms and conditions — apply, which include but are not limited to those dealing with the topics of:
- Privacy and personal information
- Release and limitations of liability
- Selection and verification of winners
- Winner notification procedure
- Disqualification of participants
- Tax liability
- Technical issues
- Legal waivers and statements
- Unclaimed prizes
- How to find out the name of the grand prize winner
- What can potentally happen in the event of a dispute
- Burden of proof of submission of entry
- Typographical errors
- Other disclaimers and conditions of participation
Be sure that you read all of them carefully and agree with them before participating in the sweepstakes.
Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a way to enter this contest without having an account with either Instagram, Twitter or Facebook for those people who eschew social media.
Also, if you are not available to enjoy this prize from Wednesday, February 1, 2017 through Saturday, February 4, 2017 should you be selected as a winner, do not bother wasting your time participating as an entrant.
Keep in mind that the submission of your most embarrassing moment gives unlimited rights to the sponsor to use it in perpetuity — and even becomes their property — so you might want to give that some consideration before participating as an entrant if your moment really is that embarrassing.
Source: Southwest Airlines.
Mike Altman says
For the most embarrassing moment contest.
My very most embarassing moment was when I was taking Chemo for my third bout of cancer and I heard that a fellow church member, a thirty somthing lady, was also undergoing Chemo for breast cancer. I happened to meet her in the hall at church and I said to her, “It must be hard to be doing Chemo when you are pregnant.” She responded, “I’m not pregnant”
She just carries her weight in her lower abdomen.