Airbnb has been so disruptive that some hotel chains are dabbling with their own version of home rentals. Marriott is making a stronger effort than most with its Marriott Homes & Villas offering. You can earn points and pick up elite status credit when booking a Marriott home rental. You can also redeem points, although not usually at an attractive rate.
Marriott Homes & Villas regularly offers bonus point promotions. And this one looks particularly interesting. You must BOOK between February 9-11, 2022 and STAY before March 31, 2022. (check-out date) You would earn 4x points on your Marriott Homes & Villas stays. The only catch is that you must stay for a minimum of 3 consecutive nights. The bonus 15 points per US dollar spent (pre-tax) means that you can lock in an extra rebate worth 9-12% by booking your next Marriott Homes & Villas stay now…
Terms & Conditions
- A “stay” is defined as three (3) or more consecutive nights spent at the same property.
- Registration is not required for this promotion.
- Marriott Bonvoy Members earn 4X Points per stay at a participating home rental booked between February 9, 2022 (12:00 AM EST) – February 11, 2022 (11:59 PM EST) through the Homes & Villas by Marriott International website (“HVMI Platform”).
- Stays of three (3) or more consecutive nights must be completed during the promotion earning period, beginning February 9, 2022, and with check-out on or before March 31, 2022.
- Members earn five (5) base Points for each U.S. dollar, or the currency equivalent, on all Qualifying Charges incurred and paid for by the Member through the HVMI Platform.
- After the stay is completed, the promotion bonus Points awarded will be equal to 3X the number of base Points earned per stay. Therefore, for each qualifying US dollar spent, 20 total base Points will be awarded.
- Promotion bonus Points are in addition to the base Points and any Elite bonus Points earned per stay within the promotion earning period.
- Charges that do not qualify for Points include, but are not limited to, taxes, booking fees, cleaning fees, security deposits, and extra add-on services purchased and/or applied to home rentals booked through the HVMI Platform.
- Home rentals booked through third-party online retailers are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- Marriott Participating Brand Residences may be featured on the HVMI Platform, however, they do not participate in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program (unless otherwise noted in the loyalty program terms and conditions), and therefore, do not participate in this promotion.
- Award redemption stays where Points are redeemed for a portion of, or the entire stay are not eligible for the promotion.
- Provided that the correct Marriott Bonvoy Membership Account Number is added as part of the booking process, Points will automatically appear in the Member’s Account three (3) to six (6) weeks (21 – 42 days) following the completion of their stay.
Don’t Forget Cashback
Marriott Homes & Villas is available on cashback websites such as Topcashback, where you can earn 3% cashback.
If you are not yet a member of Topcashback, you can earn an additional $15. Simply sign up using this referral link – http://www.topcashback.com/join-us/inside-flyer/ref/craigsowerby – and earn $10 of cashback.
It’s really quite simple to earn $10 of cashback. The number of hotel chains available via Topcashback is impressive – Hilton, IHG, Marriott, Accor, Choice, Best Western, etc – as well as the major Online Travel Agencies.
And naturally, you would earn at least $10 by spending $335+ on a Marriott Homes & Villas booking that takes advantage of this 4x point promotion…