Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles is one of the more lucrative airline loyalty programs out there; it is also one of the most frustrating. But Miles & Smiles has a very attractive award chart, one that is made even better by occasional promotions such as this one.
Between now and December 31, 2021, you can receive a 30% discount when booking award travel on Turkish Airlines through Miles & Smiles. You must travel before May 15, 2022, with blackout dates applying to international travel from April 7 – 25, 2022. (i.e. Easter)
How Good of a Deal is This?
The sweetspot with Turkish Airlines is its Business Class cabin (and awards). Thanks to the 30% discount, you can fly one-way between:
- North America and Europe for 31,500 miles
- Europe and the Far East for 31,500 miles
- North America and the Middle East for 32,900 miles
- North America and Central Asia for 36,750 miles
- Europe and South America for 36,750 miles
- North America and North Africa for 42,000 miles
- North America and the Far East for 47,250 miles
- North America and Central Africa for 50,750 miles
- North America and South Africa for 59,500 miles
Turkish Airlines does add fuel surcharges, but these are relatively mild – in the range of $100-200 for a long-haul flight in Business Class.
How Can I Get Some Turkish Miles Fast?
You should never convert points into Turkish miles without searching for award space first. However, no partner points convert instantly, so you will be waiting nervously for a few days.
Your transfer options are:
- Marriott Bonvoy – 60,000 points –> 25,000 miles
- Citi ThankYou – 1:1
- Capital One – 1:1
It can be hard to track down award space in Business Class, especially when departing from the United States. Turkish Airlines uses “married segment” logic, which means that award space can change depending on your choice of final destination. This comes up most frequently when you actually want to fly directly to Istanbul, but can only find award space to connect beyond Istanbul.
Nonetheless, 62,500 miles for a return trip to Europe in Business Class… a huge bargain!