Low cost carrier Norwegian has just announced that it is expanding and adding new flights & routes in 2017.
Starting August 10, 2017, there will be twice daily London Gatwick – New York JFK flights. The extra daily flight arrives at 9am in New York, meaning that you can go straight to meetings in the city and then take the flight back to London in the evening.
If you are on holiday, you can hit the ground running with the morning arrival and get more time to enjoy the Big Apple.
Starting in April the London to Los Angeles route will increase to seven flights per week.
Other routes will include –
Five weekly departures to Oakland-San Francisco
Three weekly departures to Orlando
Two weekly departures to Fort Lauderdale
The flights to Florida will offer an especially easy and affordable way to get to cruise ports.
Norwegian isn’t stopping there.
Because they see only increased customer interest in long-haul flights, they have nine more 787 Dreamliners entering the fleet in 2017 and expect to continue to grow the number of flights.
According to Stewart Wingate, CEO at Gatwick Airport, “Norwegian..gives passengers what they want – affordable prices, great service and frequent flights”.
Here is the route frequency increase from London Gatwick –
• Staring April 15, 2017 – Los Angeles: two additional weekly flights to become a daily service
• Starting April 17, 2017 – Ft. Lauderdale: one additional weekly flight to two flights per week (Mon, Wed)
• Starting April 18, 2017 – Oakland-San Francisco: two additional weekly flights to five flights per week (Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun)
• Starting April 20 2017 – Orlando: one additional weekly flight to three flights per week (Tue, Thu, Sat)
• Starting August 10, 2017 – New York: six additional flights to become double-daily service (except Wed with one departure)
Norwegian’s Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft has 344 seats in two classes for transatlantic flights with prices starting at $170 for coach and $504 for their Premium cabin.
Premium cabin passengers also get free access to Norwegian lounges in the following locations –
New York, John F. Kennedy International Airport
Los Angeles Airport
Oakland International Airport
London Gatwick Airport
Norwegian is also the only low cost airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations.