Heads up: The Billion Mile Giveaway starts August 1

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by UA Insider, Jul 21, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. UA Insider
    Original Member

UA Insider Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi everyone,

August 1, 2016 is the first day for United MileagePlus Chase Cardmembers to enter The Billion Mile Giveaway. As the name implies, we’re literally giving away one billion miles (yes, you read that right).

Every time you use your United MileagePlus Chase Credit Card between August 1 and September 30, 2016, you’ll receive an automatic entry for a chance to win. We’re awarding more than 140,000 prizes. Here’s the breakdown:

· 100 grand prizes of one million miles

· 10,000 first prizes of 25,000 miles

· 130,000 second prizes of 5,000 miles

No purchase necessary. Visit united.com/billion for complete details and rules.

Good luck to you Cardmembers!

-UA Insider

2. radonc1951

radonc1951 Gold Member

Status Points:
    While this is a nice perk for the cardholders of the world, perhaps we could get a link to the contest (at the appropriate time) so that those of us who neither have nor want the Chase card can still participate in the contest by other (usually by mail) means.
    I would like to say that I have some (albeit small) skin in the game. ;)

Steve GadFly likes this.
  3. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    www.billionmilegiveaway
    anyone can enter ...any number of times

radonc1951 and bmg42000 like this.
  4. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    This seems a nice bit of fun for Chase MP Visa and MasterCard holders.

5. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D:D
    like......Go to the grocery store and buy one item at a time:D:D:D:D
    No one will do that.....................right????????

8MiHi likes this.
  6. ahappyelite

ahappyelite Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hundreds of thousands of alienated customers ago, in what was incredibly the long ago glory days of air travel (right, we never thought it was great then before the airlines fashioned and engineered the horrible hell it is now) the airlines had a nice program for ordinary people called frequent flyer programs. Then our government sold us out, collapsed competition, and paved the way for this long national ordeal of choiceless travel by air. Then because the government is so supine, the airlines have been allowed to keep hawking bank cards without being required to warn people that for many perhaps most the miles they accrue will probably turn out to the worthless what with sky high redemption rates and extreme difficulty of using them and inevitable further gutting (for which they no doubt have plans- even as they are doing promotions like this. Where are the prosecutors of America?

7. JRG

JRG Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool. I look forward to winning.

8MiHi likes this.
  8. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Non-Purchase Entry: Log on to https://www.billionmilegiveaway.com and follow the on-screen entry instructions to be entered. Enter as often as you wish, however, each entry must be manually key stroked.

9. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Assume the presidential plus card would qualify for those who still have them?

8MiHi likes this.
  10. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    The rules include MP Chase Mastercard. While not all Presidential Plus card are Mastercards, I have been led to believe all MP Chase Mastercards are Presidential Plus cards.

11. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not true at all. I have an old Chase MasterCard that earns MileagePlus miles. It was originally issued to earn CO OnePass miles. It is not a Presidential Plus card.

8MiHi and Counsellor like this.
  12. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did not know that there were other legacy MP cards left outstanding. I hope it is included and wins you some miles.
    I did receive the offer for my Presidential Plus Card on Saturday, so it, at least, is included.