Book directly for the best experience

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Apr 18, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Dear Milepoint Members,

Beginning today, we are rewarding Hyatt Gold Passport members with a discount for reservations at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and Australia made through Hyatt.com or our mobile app.

Why? Because experience matters, and we can provide you with the best one when you book directly with us. We have more chances to get to know you – with more information that’s straight from the source – and more opportunities to personalize your experience, whether that’s you picking the best room type or us knowing you want an extra blanket.

This new discount (subject to availability) is just one of the benefits of booking directly.

· Best value: With Hyatt’s Best Rate Guarantee, if a guest finds a qualifying lower rate published on another site within 24 hours of booking, Hyatt will match it and discount it by 20 percent for the entire stay. There was some confusion about this recently, so be sure you’ve seen the latest details on Hyatt.com.

· Loyalty program benefits: Hyatt Gold Passport members who make direct bookings can earn loyalty points and credit toward elite tier status, which brings additional benefits such as free premium Wi-Fi and complimentary suite upgrades.

· On-the-go access and support: Hyatt.com and the mobile app make it easy to manage reservations on-the-go, including reservation changes without surprise fees and around-the-clock support by phone or social channels.

And, you’ll soon see an enhanced mobile app that will further your ability to drive your own experiences, including instant communication with us on services like Messenger or text messaging. It will be in “test mode” within the next few weeks, so we will share it for your feedback to fine-tune it before the official launch.

Sincerely,

Ellen Lee
    Senior Vice President, Global Digital
    Hyatt

tommy777 likes this.
  2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
  3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    So is that discount on top of regular rates, i.e., can I combine this with a AAA rate?

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Am I the only one who found the lack of details in the "advertisement" post disconcerting?

5. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    T
    That is good news. However will it be extended to all Hyatt hotels worldwide?

6. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The discount is on the Hyatt Daily Rate, you can not combined any two discounts together, such as, AAA. Great question!

Warm regards,
    Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

7. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Status Points:

Hello Thomask!

At this time, the discount is only being offered in the US, Canada, and Australia. Our promotions, however, are constantly being evaluated so the discount certainly may be expanded in the future.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

8. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would have been nice to have larger discounts for higher status.

9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yup.

Did anyone here regularly book the Hyatt Daily Rate that is being discounted with this? I always booked AAA (or on occasions prepaid if the risk/reward ratio was reasonable). So what's really going to change for me?

10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't have AAA so this is a change for me.

Still disappointing to have so few details about the new benefit and all the marketing fluff instead.

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

Status Points:
    As I see it, basically search for a hotel's rates. If you see a Member rate, it should be lower than the Daily Rate. If you try to book it, the site will ask you to sign in or join GP,

The whole thing could be announced in three short sentences.

Wandering Aramean likes this.