October is here, so it’s time for another InsideFlyer summary of the main hotel chain-wide promotions available in October 2022.
Hilton’s current promotion consists of:
- Double points
- 2,000 bonus points for all stays that checkout from Monday to Friday
You earn a extra 4-5% rebate from the double point element. The extra bonus for a midweek check-out is nice, especially since it applies to award stays as well.
World of Hyatt
World of Hyatt’s current promotion has been running since mid September. Members can earn:
- 2x World of Hyatt points on qualifying stays of two or more nights at all WoH properties
- 2x World of Hyatt elite nights on stays of any length, but only at 65+ Inclusive Collection resorts
You can earn a extra 8-9% rebate from the double point element. Those chasing elite status might also appreciate the double elite night bonus.
IHG One Rewards
IHG’s next promotion will start on October 13th. Members can choose between:
- 2,000 bonus points every 2 nights
- 10,000 bonus points every 4 nights
Assuming that you choose the much-more-lucrative 10k version, you can pick up 2,500 points per night (worth roughly $12.50). For expensive hotel stays, that will be a very low rebate. But for cheap hotel stays, you’d be getting a nice return…
Marriott’s fall promotion is now live. Members can earn:
- 2,000 bonus points per stay, starting with your second stay
- 2,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand (only for co-branded credit card holders)
If you hold a Marriott co-branded credit card and typically stay only one night at a time – preferably at a wide variety of hotel brands – you could earn 4,000 points per stay. (worth perhaps $25-30) But the “starting with your second stay” proviso is very annoying…