The World of Hyatt rumor mill went crazy this past weekend. Some Globalists received premature word of a targeted promotion to be offered for the upcoming winter months. The rest of us could only wait… and speculate!
Eventually members started receiving confirmation of their own personal promotion. In all cases, ‘Rewards for All Ahead’ will run from January 9 – March 19, 2023. (you MUST check out on or before March 19th – do not check back into the same hotel as the stays will be merged together later)
You must register before check out of your first stay, and no later than February 28, 2023.
It is worth making clear that Hyatt does NOT typically let you pick and choose your promotion. You are stuck with whatever you were targeted with…
What Kinds of Promotions are People Seeing?
There are different types of rewards on offer, such as:
- Category 1-4 free night award certificates
- ‘Per-night’ bonus points
- Double or triple bonus points (spend-based)
- Double Elite Night credits
- Extra Suite Night Awards
- Extra Club Lounge Awards
How to Find Out Whether You Were Targeted
The simplest thing to do is wait for an email from World of Hyatt and register using the link provided.
If you are anxious and/or didn’t receive an email, you might want to try your luck with the various promotion pages. The first thing to do is check the source code of your Hyatt account. (it’s less complicated than it sounds) All you need to do is:
- Login to your World of Hyatt account
- Go to your account summary page
- Right click and select “View Page Source”
- Run a search for “Promotion” amongst the jibberish and find the one with a registration end date of February 28, 2023
If you have found a likely candidate, you will want to cross-reference it against this crowd-sourced wiki available on Flyertalk.
Why I Got Lucky
My promotion is one of the most lucrative. I can earn 90,000 bonus points, broken down…
- 5,000 points for 5 nights
- 10,000 points for the next 10 nights (15,000 in total)
- 15,000 points for the next 10 nights (30,000 in total)
- 25,000 points for the next 10 nights (55,000 in total)
- 35,000 points for the final 10 nights (90,000 in total)
45 nights in 2 months and a bit? That sounds outrageously difficult… except I already have 30+ nights planned as part of a quasi-mattress run rush to regain my Globalist status after a slow travel year in 2022.
So it won’t be much of a stretch for me to get to 45 nights, and bank those 90,000 bonus points! 🙂 With Globalist status nearly locked in until 2025…
Which Hyatt promotion were you targeted for? Are you happy with your allocated promotion? Let us know in the comments section…
Leave a Reply