JetBlue is known for its two-day flash sales, but the sales are traditionally limited. They might target a certain destination or limit themselves to JetBlue Getaways. It’s rare that you get a flat out discount off of everything.
JetBlue’s 30% off Sale
You would expect a catchphrase like “We’ve hit a new low” to come from the old Spirit Airways, but it’s the “good kind” of new low. Per the promotion, you can get 30% off everything, outside of the blackout dates. Be sure to use promo code “BIG30” when booking your flight to check for availability. There are terms and conditions, but they are limited.
Terms & Conditions
Every JetBlue sale comes with its own T&C, but today’s are surprisingly benign compared to what we normally see. Be sure to read them for yourself, but here are the most important ones:
- You must book by 10/19 and travel 10/26 – 12/15, with blackouts around Thanksgiving (11/18 – 11/28). Veterans Day is still included, though. Travel on Sundays are also excluded.
- In addition to using the code BIG30, you need to book your flight at the promotion website.
- Previous bookings are out. If you have Mosaic Status, however, you should be able to call and get the difference in the form of a credit.
- Mint fares are excluded. Sorry, the good seats are still full price.
- Your flight must originate in the U.S., including Puerto Rico.
For the novices in the crowd, it’s important to note that 30% off is a relative term. Ticket prices are grouped into what are called “buckets.” Once all the seats in a particular fare bucket are gone, the airline’s revenue management system will move up to the next set of fares. Thus, you’ll need to act quickly, not only because the JetBlue sale ends tomorrow but also to keep the cheapest seats from getting scooped up by somebody else.