This is your chance to win a trip for two to San Francisco from Los Angeles — amongst other components of one prize to be awarded, which includes headphones, earbuds, free access to the Internet during flight for a year, a speaker and a drone — in the Delta Dreamhunt sweepstakes…
…but you must be a legal resident of the state of California who is at least 21 years of age in order to participate in this contest, which just started an hour ago and will only be in effect through 11:00 in the evening Pacific Daylight Time tonight, Wednesday, September 28, 2016.
There are two ways in which you can enter this sweepstakes, of which there is a limit of one entry per eligible entrant…
Enter Via Snapchat
You must have the Snapchat mobile software application program and a Snapchat account. During the sweepstakes period, the sponsor will — at its sole discretion and using various social media outlets — post clues guiding entrants to a specific location; and in order to receive one entry into the sweepstakes, you must:
- Visit the location
- Take a photograph or video of the location
- Send a “snap” to the Delta Snapchat account — @Delta — using the Delta Geofilter, which will be available on the Snapchat mobile software application program near the correct location)
The Delta Geofilter will be available only at the location. The photograph or video must include the correct location, or you will not receive an entry. You must “follow” @Delta through Saturday, November 5, 2016 for notification purposes.
Enter Via the Internet
You may first enter your e-mail address and then provide all requested registration information — including, but not limited to…
- First and last name with no initials
- Street address — but with no post office boxes
- ZIP code
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Confirmation that you have read — and agreed to be bound — by the Official Rules
…at the official Internet web site of this sweepstakes. You must then follow the instructions to enter the name of the location, for which you will receive one sweepstakes entry. The location name entered by you must be the correct location name, or you will not receive an entry.
The prize — whose approximate retail value is $4,500.00 — consists of the following:
- One year of membership with Gogo Internet on domestic flights operated by Delta Air Lines
- Two round-trip Delta One tickets between Los Angeles and San Francisco, awarded in the form of certificates
- One set of LSTN Troubadour headphones
- One set of LSTN earbuds
- One LSTN Apollo speaker
- One drone
- Lunch and a job-shadowing session with Tiffany Smith
Select Terms and Conditions
Certificate seats are limited and may not be available on all flights; and certificates:
- Do not qualify for earning SkyMiles when used for travel
- Do not include the September 11 Security Fee of up to $5.60 each way, which will be imposed on each flight segment — defined as a takeoff and a landing — in your ticketed itinerary
- Cannot be transferred
- Cannot be redeemed for cash
- Are void if sold or bartered
- Are void once redeemed and will have no further value
The sale or barter of tickets obtained through redemption of certificates is also prohibited. Any tickets obtained through such sale or barter are void and will not be honored for travel.
Tickets may be cancelled or reissued without penalty for a period of 24 hours after your reservation is booked. After this cancellation or reissue privilege expires, date, time and routing changes are permitted — subject to the availability booking class — however, a $200.00 fee applies. Based on availability, passengers holding confirmed reservations and tickets may confirm earlier or later same day flight within three hours from the scheduled departure time between same origin or destination for a fee of $50.00, which cannot be refunded.
Baggage fees of $25.00 for first checked bag and $35.00 for second checked bag apply. Allowances subject to size or weight limits. Taxes and fees are subject to change. Any taxes, fees, or charges paid at the time of ticket issuance will be refunded if the ticket is not used.
Other official rules, terms and conditions apply, which include but are not limited to those dealing with the topics of:
- Privacy and personal information
- Release and limitations of liability
- Selection and verification of winners
- Winner notification procedure
- Disqualification of participants
- Tax liability
- Technical issues
- Legal waivers and statements
- Unclaimed prizes
- How to find out the name of the grand prize winner
- What can potentally happen in the event of a dispute
- Burden of proof of submission of entry
- Typographical errors
- Other disclaimers and conditions of participation
Be sure that you read all of them carefully and agree with them before participating in the sweepstakes.
Yes, San Francisco is in the state of California; so if you are based in what is known as the Bay Area, entering this sweepstakes probably will not make much sense for you — unless you are interested in winning the other components of this prize; or unless you really want to take a leisurely drive north and south on the legendary Pacific Coast Highway to claim your round trip flight.
Unfortunately, this sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the state of California; but if you happen to be eligible for participating in this sweepstakes and you are interested, act fast, as the sweepstakes ends tonight.
Photograph ©2015 by Brian Cohen.