Corporate responsibility and global citizenship are integral parts not solely of the identity of American Airlines; but also of the identity of InsideFlyer. Engrained in the hearts of both entities is the dictum that by giving back and helping others through partnerships, we can all help make the world a better place.
To celebrate the new partnership and collaboration with Stand Up To Cancer, American Airlines has launched an incentive program as a way of saying “Thank you” when you donate to Stand Up To Cancer. You will receive 10 AAdvantage miles for every dollar donated; and the minimum amount to donate is $25.00.
About Stand Up To Cancer
Bypassing the politics and red tape that often hamper medical research, Stand Up To Cancer is a groundbreaking initiative created to accelerate innovative cancer research which will get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives now. It assembles teams of experts from various fields, working toward the common goal of eliminating all cancer.
Rather than competing against other researchers to secure funding, research Dream Teams combine their expertise for greater advances than they would achieve individually. This approach is more efficient than traditional research models, and Stand Up To Cancer believes it is on the verge of major breakthroughs.
Later tonight — Friday, September 9, 2016 at 8:00 in the evening Eastern Daylight Time on all of the major television networks — Stand Up To Cancer will host a live telethon, raising money to further fund groundbreaking research. Celebrities expected to attend the live telethon include Katie Couric, Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey, Emma Stone, Joe Biden, Marcia Cross, Kristen Wiig, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis and Rob Riggle.
Here is how you can join American Airlines in support of Stand Up To Cancer:
- Tune in for the live event September 9
- Donate through the Miles to Stand Up program and earn 10 AAdvantage miles for every dollar you donate
- Tell American Airlines for whom you stand up — enter the name of someone you wish to support in the fight to end cancer below and share it instantly; or download a special placard, write in the person’s name and share a photo showing your support
Stand Up To Cancer Terms and Conditions
- This offer valid on contributions donated here
- A minimum donation of $10.00 is required, which seems to contradict the aforementioned minimum donation of $25.00
- The mileage cap for a 12-month period is 600,000 AAdvantage miles; and the AAdvantage miles do not count toward elite level status qualification
- Please allow up to eight weeks for the reward miles to be posted to your AAdvantage frequent flier loyalty program account
- Donations can only be accepted in United States dollars
- For charitable deduction purposes, each AAdvantage mile is valued at three cents per mile; and the receipt of AAdvantage miles may reduce the tax deductibility of your donation
American Airlines Miles of Hope
If you prefer donating AAdvantage miles instead of cash, you can donate AAdvantage miles to the American Airlines Miles of Hope program. Your generosity can touch thousands of lives and give hope to families — even in the face of disaster. The American Airlines Miles of Hope program works to benefit organizations that provide a strategic focus on children — as well as those who are afflicted by unexpected adversity.
Miles of Hope Donations Terms and Conditions
- A minimum donation of 1,000 AAdvantage miles is required; but if the available balance in your account is fewer than 1,000 miles, you may donate their entire balance — which is a great way of clearing your account of orphaned miles
- Your donation is not tax deductible
- Processing can take up to 48 hours
- American Airlines reserves the right to determine the final use of AAdvantage miles within the guidelines of the Miles For Kids In Need, Miles of Hope and Miles for All Who Serve programs
This is your chance to donate to a good cause and earn some frequent flier loyalty program miles in the process.
If you are interested in other causes to which you want to support, please consider visiting the InsideFlyer Cares | Community Giving forum; as well as the Milepoint Cares Initiative, where you can find numerous reputable organizations which you can support.
Source: American Airlines.