Through Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 11:59 in the evening Central Daylight Time, you can get a discount of 15,000 MileagePlus miles on roundtrip MileagePlus Saver Awards when you travel between Tuesday, August 23, 2016, and Friday, March 31, 2017 from the United States or Canada to Europe on flights operated by United Airlines seated in the economy class cabin — but travel to or from Hawaii is excluded from this promotion; and travel one way is priced as a regular Saver Award which is not discounted and is also excluded from this promotion.
Redeem 25 Percent Fewer MileagePlus Miles to Europe
This offer is available to all members of the MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program and is only valid for air travel on all days of the week — except during the blackout period of Thursday, December 15, 2016 through Sunday, January 8, 2017.
Bonus award MileagePlus miles; award MileagePlus miles; and any other MileagePlus miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier elite level status unless expressly stated otherwise.
Terms and Conditions
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a qualifying Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Qualifying existing award tickets may be reissued, upon request, to the award sale mileage. They are subject to the award change policy, including any applicable service fees.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government imposed taxes and fees, September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government defined stopover, US Customs, Immigration and APHIS User Fees of $17.50 for each international arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2016. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply.
- Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
- Changes to travel itineraries are permitted in advance. Changes may be subject to additional service fees of up to $200 per ticket (based on account status at the time when the miles were redeemed).
- If a wholly unused ticket is exchanged for travel outside of the promotion period or travel that does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion, the mileage will be credited back into the member’s account, subject to an applicable service charge, and a new ticket will be issued at the mileage redemption rate commensurate with the new award.
- If the value of a partially used ticket is applied to travel outside of the promotion period, the traveler must purchase a new one-way ticket or redeem a new one-way award at the applicable mileage-redemption rate. The unused return portion of the ticket is not valid for travel and cannot be credited back into the member’s account.
- Redemption of additional award miles may be required if any portion of the itinerary is outside of the promotion period or does not otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this promotion.
This offer is subject to change without notice. Other terms, conditions and restrictions may apply.
If you have plans for award travel with United Airlines to Europe from the United States — excluding Hawaii — and Canada within the promotion period, you should consider taking advantage of this offer of saving 25 percent off of the number of MileagePlus frequent flier loyalty program miles redeemed on Saver Awards.
Photograph ©2013 by Brian Cohen.