- If you’ve been considering a new American AAdvantage credit card, now’s the time. Until June 30, members who successfully apply for a new Citi/AAdvantage MasterCard will earn 25,000 bonus miles after using the card for purchases of $250 or more. From then on, you’ll earn one mile for every dollar you spend on purchases. Check out http://www.aa.com for details.
- Alaska Mileage Plan has introduced its Spring Award Sale. Fly Alaska or Horizon Air between Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas, Reno or Denver and any cities in Washington, Oregon and Idaho for only 15,000 miles — a savings of 5,000 miles off the regular 20,000-mile Coach Saver awards. This offer is valid for travel until June 8. Book award travel online at http://www.alaskaair.com
- Best Western is marking its 60th Anniversary by offering lifetime Diamond Elite status to Gold Crown Club members who stay a total of 60 or more qualified nights at Best Western hotels around the world during 2006. To be eligible, guests must be members of Gold Crown Club, but no registration is required.
- In one of the richest credit card bonus offers ever, you can earn three free nights — that’s right, three — when you successfully apply for the Choice Privileges Visa card. Members who apply by Aug. 31 and make a purchase by Nov. 1 will earn 24,000 points. The card has no annual fee, by the way. Check our http://www.choicehotels.com for the scoop.
- As they are wont to do, the good folks at InterContinental Hotels Group Priority Club Rewards have replaced one solid promotion with another. Spring’s “3,000 Points or 1,000 Miles” promotion has given way to summer’s “2,000 Points or 500 Miles” campaign. For every second night, members will earn 2,000 points or 500 bonus miles. Don’t let the name fool you…you can still earn up to 20,000 points or 5,000 miles until Aug. 31. Registration is, of course, required. Check out http://www.priorityclub.com/2000 for details.
- AirTran Airways is offering double A+ Rewards credits for all travel to and from Chicago’s Midway Airport (MDW), Westchester County Airport (HPN), Richmond International Airport (RIC), Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC), Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport (PHF), Bloomington/Central Illinois Regional Airport (BMI), Moline/Quad Cities International Airport (MLI), and Akron-Canton Airport (CAK), for travel booked and completed by June 15.
- United has extended its offer of discounted short-haul awards through the end of the year for Mileage Plus members. Flights up to 700 miles each way on United, United Express and Ted within the 48 contiguous states and between the U.S. and Canada require only 15,000 miles, as compared to the usual 25,000 miles.
- The new Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card is almost too good to be true. In fact, we called a few times just to be sure we were reading this right. The card earn five Rewards points for every dollar spent on the card at any Marriott property, plus two points for every dollar spent on qualified dining, airline and rental car card purchases, and one point for all other card purchases.
Premier cardmembers receive a 15,000-point bonus upon the first use of the card; a free night certificate valid at category 1 — 4 hotels, which is awarded upon account approval; a two-for-one golf certificate for use at participating Marriott-managed golf courses; a free-night certificate valid at category 1 — 5 hotels every year on the account anniversary date; and 15 nights toward elite status every year, which makes every cardmember a Silver Elite member and also gives a boost toward Gold or Platinum Elite status.
This is not to be missed. http://www.marriottrewards.com/premiervisa
- Rewards Network is dishing out the miles to diners. Continental OnePass members have until June 30 to earn 250 bonus miles for OnePass Dining meals costing $15 or more (tax and tip included), up to a maximum of 5,000 bonus miles. Delta SkyMiles members also have until then to rake in a few miles for dining. For a qualifying spend of $100, they’ll earn 1,000 miles; for $200, 2,000 miles; and for $500, 5,000 miles. Midwest Miles members will earn triple miles for their first three dines, up to 5,000 miles total.
- Dollar and Hertz are offering triple miles to Delta SkyMiles members. Hertz is giving triple miles and special rates on Volvos, Jaguars, and the Lincoln LS at participating locations in the U.S. and Canada through June 30. Provide your SkyMiles number, CDP# 165385, and PC# 959000. Members who rent a compact or larger car for two days or longer from Dollar will also get triple miles through June 30.