Air Canada and Aeroplan FAQ
- What is Aeroplan?Aeroplan is Air Canada’s loyalty program. Visit the earning miles and reward travel pages in the Air Canada Help Guide for details.
- What is the Star Alliance?Air Canada participates in the Star Alliance, a network of global airlines.
- How many Aeroplan miles will I earn for my flight?See the earning miles page in the help guide for details.
- Will my Aeroplan miles expire?Eventually, yes – but see managing your miles in the help guide for information about how to keep them from expiring.
- How do I qualify for Prestige, Elite or Super Elite status and what are the benefits?
See the elite status page for all the details.
- What’s a status mile?
Status miles and segments are two ways to qualify for elite status; see the elite status page for more information.
- Can I qualify for status early?
Elite and Super Elite status will be recognized as soon as you exceed the threshold. See early status recognition in the help guide for more information.
- I missed qualifying for status by x miles. Will I get it anyway?
Generally, no, but see missing the qualification in the help guide.
- How can I upgrade my Economy Class ticket to the Executive Cabin?You can either use your eUpgrade credits or purchase a Last-Minute Upgrade.
- Can I get a Star Alliance Upgrade?
Yes; see Star Alliance upgrades in the help guide for details and the number of miles.
- Where can I find a Maple Leaf Lounge?Maple Leaf Lounges are located at the major Canadian airports, as well as at CDG, LAX and LHR. See the Star Alliance lounge guide: Canada for the Canadian locations.
- How can I get access to the lounge?
Elite or Super Elite status will get you access, but there are other options; see lounge access in the help guide for all the details.
- Are there other lounges I can use?
With Elite or Super Elite status, you can use any Star Alliance lounge (bar first-class lounges); see the Star Alliance lounge guide for locations.
- How many miles does it take to go from thisplace to thatplace?See the reward travel help guide page, and then check the AC reward chart.
- What’s an RTW or Mini-RTW?These are around-the-world flight rewards; see Mini-RTW rewards in the help guide for details.
- Where is the best place to buy Air Canada tickets?
You can buy them anywhere, or book directly on Air Canada reservations.
- What if I need to change, cancel or upgrade my booking?Visit the Manage My Booking page on the Air Canada web site.
- How does the On My Way program work?Read about the program on the Air Canada web site.
- Where can I located information about the EnRoute magazine? EnRoute online is available here