Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

FT University, April 26-28 at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner (SOLD OUT)  

Page 43 / 60
  RSS
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

Denro wrote:

Falls Church is the closest metro station. Not walkable, but they may be able to drive close to it, and find a place to park.

I'm actually partial to Dunn Loring Metro stop myself. Cut through the mall parking lot and you're at the Hilton.

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2013 2:00 pm
iolaire
(@iolaire)

I remember mention of a happy hour on Friday night - is that still in the works? Its missing from the offical program: http://ftuniversity.com/program/

Various trip reports related to traveling with dialysis and experiencing in center dialysis treatments at Traveling and in center hemodialysis

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2013 6:50 pm
gleff
(@gleff)
Admin

That's probably because I worked on the substantive part of the program and sent that to Randy to go up on the website. 🙂

View from the Wing: everything you need to know about earning/redeeming miles & getting the most bang for your travel $$

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2013 7:06 pm
farbster
(@farbster)
Silver

Is anything social going on Friday evening or Saturday night? I remember someone mentioning Maggianos a while back...

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2013 7:54 pm
iolaire
(@iolaire)

farbster, post: 1920266, member: 45348 wrote: Is anything social going on Friday evening or Saturday night? I remember someone mentioning Maggianos a while back...

There is a dinner set up on Sunday after the event:
http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/apr-28-2013-post-ftu-dc-dinner-in-or-around-tysons-corner-va.55170/

I've created the Maggianos dinner on Saturday, I've picked that becuase I think people probalby could walk over...
http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/apr-27-2013-ftu-dc-saturday-dinner-maggianos-tysons-corner-va-mclean-va.60422/

Friday there will be a happy hour and I don't know what people will do after that - other than continue to drink...

Various trip reports related to traveling with dialysis and experiencing in center dialysis treatments at Traveling and in center hemodialysis

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2013 9:01 pm
William JLP
(@william-jlp)

Pizzaman, post: 1920010, member: 24 wrote: I'm actually partial to Dunn Loring Metro stop myself. Cut through the mall parking lot and you're at the Hilton.

Thanks for this. I might have finally figured out what I'm doing. Amtrak to DC, Metro to Dunn Loring, and the Crowne Plaza, fairly close to the Hilton, has a free shuttle from the station if it's raining.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 10, 2013 12:15 am
PDXjets22
(@pdxjets22)

Hello everyone. I know most people have already made their hotel reservations but I have booked a room with two double beds at the host hotel on both friday and saturday night at the $89 rate. I was wondering if anyone would like to share the room and obviously split the price. The total is $194.20 but I have no problem with someone paying just $80 for their part. If not I suppose i'll have the room to myself which I'm fine with to.

Also, I get in on Friday at 6:55 am to IAD, had planned to do some plane spotting for a little while but was wondering if anyone would like to split cab fare if their arriving early as well. I leave out of DCA on Monday at 4:55 pm but have not booked my sunday night stay yet either so if anyone was considering stay a night longer I'd be happy to split a hotel room fee (at any hotel nearby) otherwise yet again I'll book for just myself. No problem.

excited to see/meet people! PM me if interested.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 10, 2013 12:47 am
BlackHill
(@blackhill)

I'm looking for a ticket and if anyone is planning to cancel in the last minute. Please let me know through PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 10, 2013 7:09 pm
AdamATL
(@adamatl)

tommy777, post: 1919678, member: 88 wrote: The event could have sold probably twice the amount of tickets we had available. The facilities are packed to the brim. From experience, not everyone who has a ticket shows up in the morning. What happens if you missed your flight/alarm call etc and showed up later and we'd sold your ticket?

There is a bunch that needs to be taken in to consideration here. This week, we're sending everyone's name to the printers to get the name badges ready. Ticket exchanges is a time consuming task and we need to improve the check in experience from the last FTU when we're expecting a group of this size. With ticket exchanges, we have to manually check in people and make them new badges. That slows down the process significantly ("I don't know who I bought the ticket from, I didn't bring the ticket" etc). Last time people had to wait a long time to check in. This time, we've got a new check in process, but we need to have the ticket changes done in our system in order for that to work.

We're also seeing a large number of double and even triple exchanges for the FTU. 8 people bought tickets from other participants two weeks ago and exchanged names again last week, probably to make money on exchanges.

There are only volunteers working for the FTEF and we're less than 3 weeks from the event.

Thank you for understanding, the best recommendation I can give is to buy a ticket for Tampa (already half the tickets are gone) and btw, we don't take Paypal 😉

LOL What a concept! -- Asking a bunch of frequent flyers to actually follow some rules! Good for you for standing your ground!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 10, 2013 10:43 pm
titanlimo
(@titanlimo)

We notice a lot of chatter about what folks are doing after the events in the evening. If you plan on going into the City on Friday, Saturday or Sunday we are going to offer transfer in our sedans and SUV's. If we have enough interest we will schedule a couple of trips going in to the city and coming back. Looking at about $40 per head round trip. We can also put together a Wine tour or City tour in our shuttle or party bus on Sunday. This might run around $30.00 (shuttle bus) - $50.00 (party bus) per head for a 5 hour service.All this is based on demand from you folks.

Lot's of options to offer so if you have small or large groups wanting to do something just give us a call.

Don't forget our airport transfer to/from the venue. $45.00 one way (not per person but for the sedan) or $80.00 round trip.

See you at the FTU!!!

Titan Limousine is an official sponsor at the Frequent Traveler University. Check out our 5 star reviews and contact us at 877-72-TITAN for special FTU participant pricing for ground transportation from IAD, DCA and BWI airports.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2013 2:05 pm
mhnadel
(@mhnadel)
Silver

FYI, I have updated the info on the Sunday night post-FTU dinner, which will be at Clyde's, largely on the grounds that of the two other places I had in mind, one doesn't take reservations and the other is closed on Sunday nights. Right now I have a reservation for 6 people and 4 confirmed attendees. As many as like can gather for drinks beforehand, of course.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2013 4:09 pm
Seacarl
(@seacarl)

When I thought I'd be able to attend FTU, I made a reservation at the Hilton Tysons Corner for April 26-28 at the FTU rate ($89/night). I'm not going to be able to make it. Before I cancel the room, I want to offer it if someone wants to use the reservation. You would likely get to use the benefits of my elite status - free internet and continental breakfast. First one to PM me about it can get it. I will cancel it within a week if I don't hear from anyone.

ETA: I booked a room with King bed

I will be happy if you click "Like" below

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2013 6:29 pm
keshavprabhu
(@keshavprabhu)

Seacarl, post: 1922163, member: 957 wrote: When I thought I'd be able to attend FTU, I made a reservation at the Hilton Tysons Corner for April 26-28 at the FTU rate ($89/night). I'm not going to be able to make it. Before I cancel the room, I want to offer it if someone wants to use the reservation. You would likely get to use the benefits of my elite status - free internet and continental breakfast. First one to PM me about it can get it. I will cancel it within a week if I don't hear from anyone.

ETA: I booked a room with King bed

PM'ed you on this!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2013 7:56 pm
davef139
(@davef139)

Just booked my return ticket!
Not sure when or how I will get there....

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2013 11:19 pm
kadence
(@kadence)
Silver

TravelBear, post: 1918386, member: 84639 wrote: Just gift cards or will VRs do as well?

Everything is accepted here!! Thanks so much

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 12, 2013 6:39 am
Page 43 / 60