Forum

Share:
Notifications

FT University, April 26-28 at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner (SOLD OUT)  

Page 42 / 60
  RSS
maximon
(@maximon)

I have 2 tickets, selling at face value.

1 ticket left.

maximon (AT) mac.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2013 8:10 pm
cova
 cova
(@cova)

West Falls

kadence, post: 1914969, member: 54310 wrote: Oh I'll have a car, I'm driving down from NJ. But my aunt and daughter who are coming with me don't feel comfortable driving into the city.

Are there a park & ride bus or metro stations that aren't too far from the hotel?

West Falls Church station has a parking lot (for pay). Although I suggest you check the WMATA web site for payment methods. You could park there and take metro to DC on the Orange Line. The parking lot is on the other side of I-66 in Falls Church. Take route 7, cross i-66, first left at the first major intersection after I-66. Then left again to road that leads to metro lot area.

Other option which may be quicker is to drive to Pentagon City and park in the parking lot for Pentagon City Fashion Shopping Mall (a for pay parking garage) and take the Yellow line metro from there. Yellow line - only a couple of stops to Museum area. You would have to take I-66 in the direction of the city and follow signs to Pentagon City - and turn right on 15th St when you get to Crystal City (after passing the Pentagon, then under I-395) then right.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2013 9:07 pm
BWITraveller
(@bwitraveller)

selling my ticket @ $75 due to travel. PM or email.(ticket gone)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2013 10:22 pm
ARCHCREATE
(@archcreate)

One ticket for sale. Have to make a presentation to clients out here in SF instead. Face value

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2013 7:59 pm
tellner
(@tellner)

Is anyone else flying out from DEN to attend?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2013 8:24 pm
Pondflyer
(@pondflyer)

ARCHCREATE, post: 1916475, member: 5421 wrote: One ticket for sale. Have to make a presentation to clients out here in SF instead. Face value

I am interested. Live in MD. I'll keep looking for your reply asap, thanks.
What about the transfer deadline of April 4?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2013 6:06 pm
Pondflyer
(@pondflyer)

Freihoffer, post: 1914170, member: 130756 wrote: Still have my ticket. Can Paypal.

Clearly the transfer deadline has passed, but was it just to rename the ticket? I would still like to attend and am interested in yours. Hurry.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2013 6:19 pm
joeymello
(@joeymello)

saw deadline to transfer has passed but is it still possible to attend? I'm looking for 1 ticket. Is there a cancellation line on-site?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2013 8:33 pm
maximon
(@maximon)

I have 1 tik left for face value. I will email you the pdf which you can use to attend, but it's too late to change the ticket into your name.

maximon @ mac.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2013 8:42 pm
kadence
(@kadence)
Silver

cova, post: 1915580, member: 8675 wrote: West Falls
West Falls Church station has a parking lot (for pay). Although I suggest you check the WMATA web site for payment methods. You could park there and take metro to DC on the Orange Line. The parking lot is on the other side of I-66 in Falls Church. Take route 7, cross i-66, first left at the first major intersection after I-66. Then left again to road that leads to metro lot area.

Other option which may be quicker is to drive to Pentagon City and park in the parking lot for Pentagon City Fashion Shopping Mall (a for pay parking garage) and take the Yellow line metro from there. Yellow line - only a couple of stops to Museum area. You would have to take I-66 in the direction of the city and follow signs to Pentagon City - and turn right on 15th St when you get to Crystal City (after passing the Pentagon, then under I-395) then right.

This might be doable. Will have to talk to the person driving... my aunt who may not be too adventurous anymore!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2013 3:34 am
TravelBear
(@travelbear)

kadence, post: 1914974, member: 54310 wrote: My 11 yo son wants to create some type of art work using old/expired gift cards. If you are willing to part with them I can meet up with you at FTU. Thanks in advance.

Just gift cards or will VRs do as well?

Something witty will eventually occupy this space. Give me time.

Silver

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2013 10:15 pm
Firefly
(@firefly)
Silver

Folks,

The deadline for ticket transfers for the April FTU has passed (April 4). Badges will be printed in the purchaser's name (and those who did name changes prior to the cut-off). Only those with matching ID will be allowed admittance.

The event is sold out. If you didn't get a ticket in time, get one here for the FTU in Tampa while they are still available -

https://ftuevent.ticketbud.com/frequent-traveler-university-tampa-september-27th-29th-2013

Thank you for your understanding!

I don't always post, but when I do, I prefer InsideFlyer

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2013 1:28 pm
katstarr
(@katstarr)

marcwint55, post: 1911908, member: 3067 wrote: I'm arriving at DCA around noon on the 25th. I have a rental car and can offer a ride if anyone is arriving around the same time and needs a ride.

I get in at 1:10 pm

Gold Diamond Platinum
Will Run For Miles~ A Prior2Boarding Blog Combining TRAVEL, FITNESS & RUNNING

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2013 3:59 pm
Pondflyer
(@pondflyer)

Firefly, post: 1918993, member: 94 wrote: Folks,

The deadline for ticket transfers for the April FTU has passed (April 4). Badges will be printed in the purchaser's name (and those who did name changes prior to the cut-off). Only those with matching ID will be allowed admittance.

The event is sold out. Thank you for your understanding!

I understand totally. But what about unused tickets on the day itself, be a bit reasonable and flexible, I think the aim is for more of us to learn, right? I have yet to get a ticket, (had a problem with Paypal that prevented me, in a way, thank goodness, don't want any silly unpleasantness) and am still prepared to pay for one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2013 8:21 pm
tommy777
(@tommy777)
Admin

Pondflyer, post: 1919346, member: 92437 wrote: I understand totally. But what about unused tickets on the day itself, be a bit reasonable and flexible, I think the aim is for more of us to learn, right? I have yet to get a ticket, (had a problem with Paypal that prevented me, in a way, thank goodness, don't want any silly unpleasantness) and am still prepared to pay for one.

The event could have sold probably twice the amount of tickets we had available. The facilities are packed to the brim. From experience, not everyone who has a ticket shows up in the morning. What happens if you missed your flight/alarm call etc and showed up later and we'd sold your ticket?

There is a bunch that needs to be taken in to consideration here. This week, we're sending everyone's name to the printers to get the name badges ready. Ticket exchanges is a time consuming task and we need to improve the check in experience from the last FTU when we're expecting a group of this size. With ticket exchanges, we have to manually check in people and make them new badges. That slows down the process significantly ("I don't know who I bought the ticket from, I didn't bring the ticket" etc). Last time people had to wait a long time to check in. This time, we've got a new check in process, but we need to have the ticket changes done in our system in order for that to work.

We're also seeing a large number of double and even triple exchanges for the FTU. 8 people bought tickets from other participants two weeks ago and exchanged names again last week, probably to make money on exchanges.

There are only volunteers working for the FTEF and we're less than 3 weeks from the event.

Thank you for understanding, the best recommendation I can give is to buy a ticket for Tampa (already half the tickets are gone) and btw, we don't take Paypal 😉

Join us for the FIRST ever SkyTeam MegaDo in October 2018 www.megado.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2013 3:29 am
Page 42 / 60