Forum

Share:
Notifications

United Rolling Out A New Onboard Burger  

  RSS
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

http://travelskills.com/2017/10/19/united-bags-a-new-burger-for-10/

I really don't understand the obsession with burgers on board. I've had a couple that were okay. Given, I prefer mine rare or medium rare. But, the best I've had onboard really aren't all that juicy. The bread is usually passable but not outstanding.

Maybe it's because the other options are that boring/bad?

I'm curious. Why do folks like the burger so much?

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

Quote
Posted : October 22, 2017 5:21 pm
satman40
(@satman40)

It is they way they are assembled, cheese in the middle of 2 burger patties, , Fresh lettuce Tomato, and Mayo, with 5 pickles on the bottom, does it for me...

Had many bad tough steaks, always easy to make a burger a meal, with the salad on the bun..

A burger is noting more than a ground streak, making it tender and much easier to chew, the cheese in the middle really give it a kick...with a fresh bun..easy meal..

Attitude and Ability is everything, without Government Laws we would all be equal, until we are Influenced by others.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2017 11:07 pm
Dublin_rfk
(@dublin_rfk)

It seems that I ave had the pleasure? Of missing the new burger. One can only hope that is an improvement over the old burger. That one was at least edible when hot and lets not go there when warm or cold.

http://my.flightmemory.com/DublinRFK

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience? It comes from BAD Judgement."
Unique points in 2018: EWR, LAX, SIN, SFO, IAD, IND, ORD, SAT, PHL, RDU, FLL, GRB, CLT, MSN, GRR, SNA, MCI, CLE, SAN, IAH, FRA, CVG, NRT, LAS, ABQ,[SIZE=4"> PDX[/SIZE">

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 12:37 am
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

satman40, post: 2803140, member: 141424 wrote: It is they way they are assembled, cheese in the middle of 2 burger patties, , Fresh lettuce Tomato, and Mayo, with 5 pickles on the bottom, does it for me...

Had many bad tough steaks, always easy to make a burger a meal, with the salad on the bun..

A burger is noting more than a ground streak, making it tender and much easier to chew, the cheese in the middle really give it a kick...with a fresh bun..easy meal..

I've only had the burger a few times, but the bun has never really been all that fresh.

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 2:28 am
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

Dublin_rfk, post: 2803148, member: 18572 wrote: It seems that I ave had the pleasure? Of missing the new burger. One can only hope that is an improvement over the old burger. That one was at least edible when hot and lets not go there hen warm or cold.

I don't think the new one has been released yet. Coming soon to a domestic flight near you.

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 2:28 am
Newscience
(@newscience)

Pizzaman, post: 2803158, member: 24 wrote: I don't think the new one has been released yet. Coming soon to a domestic flight near you.

Of course, it would be great if either 5 Guys or In and Out would serve as United's "burger consultant", but I suppose that is too much to ask.

Sent from my SM-G935V using InsideFlyer mobile app

A-List Platinum

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 2:40 pm
mikeschu
(@mikeschu)

From what I remember, the (previous?) burger on AS was incredible for current airline food and sold out very early in the flight. People like burgers and know what to expect of one, so it's a "safe" food option over anything that's "chef-inspired".

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2017 5:48 pm
Weatherboy
(@weatherboy)

I hate in flight burgers. Airlines use suspect meat as part of cost savings and the bread in the air will never be as good as bread on the ground unless the FA's assemble the burgers fresh themselves.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 26, 2017 11:29 am
MrLincoln
(@mrlincoln)

[USER=24]@Pizzaman[/USER] scope expansion opportunity?

If NW were still a thing, I’d suggest Juicy Lucys for all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 26, 2017 12:57 pm
Weatherboy
(@weatherboy)

I would only eat a burger that a burger chain made or endorsed. Like a Fat Burger, Five Guys, Whataburger...or I'd even settle for Wendy's or McDonalds.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2017 4:03 pm
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

MrLincoln, post: 2803353, member: 5377 wrote: [USER=24]@Pizzaman[/USER] scope expansion opportunity?

If NW were still a thing, I’d suggest Juicy Lucys for all.

Chuckle. My scope is perfectly expanded. :O

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2017 11:25 am
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

Weatherboy, post: 2803347, member: 91508 wrote: I hate in flight burgers. Airlines use suspect meat as part of cost savings and the bread in the air will never be as good as bread on the ground unless the FA's assemble the burgers fresh themselves.

It's always the bread.

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2017 11:25 am