Notifications
Clear all

The CRJ 200 NIightmare Returns?  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
avflyer
(@avflyer)
Silver

Wasn't it a bit over a year ago that United announced that 50 pax jets were unprofitable and began to reduce their fleets. Yet now I read that they are purchasing 40 of the 200s off the secondary market?

IMHO, this sh..box ghetto bird provides the worst experience in the fleet.

Say it isn't so....

MM Plat

Posted : January 31, 2018 11:19 am
colpuck
(@colpuck)

UA did sign a contract so they get the entire Air Wisconsin fleet.

my.flightmemory.com/colpuck
Airline Menus

The views I just expressed are mine and have not been reviewed or approved by my employer or its parent company.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2018 12:19 pm
milchap
(@milchap)

Perhaps UA should consider the Bombardier C Series 100

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2018 1:41 pm
avflyer
(@avflyer)
Silver

colpuck, post: 2808897, member: 3248 wrote: UA did sign a contract so they get the entire Air Wisconsin fleet.

So, maybe the forty mentioned in this article are those you refer to?
http://m.atwonline.com/airframes/united-add-three-used-767-300ers-fleet

MM Plat

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2018 8:17 pm
colpuck
(@colpuck)

avflyer, post: 2808926, member: 2294 wrote: So, maybe the forty mentioned in this article are those you refer to?
http://m.atwonline.com/airframes/united-add-three-used-767-300ers-fleet

probably, we're getting ready to enter a post-CRJ-200 world as those airframes reach the end of their life. They have 45,000 cycle AD that pretty much functions as the lifelimit on the airframe.

Airline Menus

The views I just expressed are mine and have not been reviewed or approved by my employer or its parent company.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2018 9:18 pm
avflyer
(@avflyer)
Silver

We can all hope.

MM Plat

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2018 1:16 am
hagar2935
(@hagar2935)
Silver

Who cares... no one with any sense doesn't fly United. There are MANY better airlines......

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2018 1:21 pm
octraveler
(@octraveler)

CR200 and RJ145 need to both be hauled out behind the barn and put out of their misery. They are both HORRIBLY uncomfortable unless you are a miniature person....

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2018 2:57 pm
radonc1951
(@radonc1951)

octraveler, post: 2809904, member: 220142 wrote: CR200 and RJ145 need to both be hauled out behind the barn and put out of their misery. They are both HORRIBLY uncomfortable unless you are a miniature person....

So here is my dilemma
Given my druthers, I would prefer a non-stop on a Kenjet or it's evil spawn rather than having to connect in ORD, EWR or IAD. Once upon a time, I had such service from CLE and didn't care what I was flying (Dash 8's, Emb-120s, or RJs) but now I don't have that option any longer.

So we can spend our time debating how awful the RJs are (and they are not a walk in the park when flying CLE-IAH on one) but the alternative of not having any direct air service at all is even less appealing to me.
As far as I'm concerned, UA can bring all of their Evil Spawns to CLE and re- institute the direct service they dumped 2 years ago any time they wish 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2018 6:09 pm
Dublin_rfk
(@dublin_rfk)

hagar2935, post: 2809893, member: 113023 wrote: Who cares... no one with any sense doesn't fly United. There are MANY better airlines......

Yes there are. unfortunately, at least for me they either, don’t service my area, my destinations, or do so cost effectively.

http://my.flightmemory.com/DublinRFK

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience? It comes from BAD Judgement."
Unique points in 2018: EWR, LAX, SIN, SFO, IAD, IND, ORD, SAT, PHL, RDU, FLL, GRB, CLT, MSN, GRR, SNA, MCI, CLE, SAN, IAH, FRA, CVG, NRT, LAS, ABQ,[SIZE=4"> PDX[/SIZE">

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2018 10:21 pm
Olton Hall
(@olton-hall)

I had the misfortune of my first CRJ-200 flight to EWR a week ago. I'll take an ERJ-145 over the Canadian torture jet any day.

Flickr Photos | YouTube channel | FM

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2018 10:58 pm
ella
 ella
(@ella)
Silver

I'm not a fan of the CRJs, but I don't mind an RJ145 as long as I have an A seat. They're not the most comfortable, but sometimes it is a choice between a regional jet or a long drive. I'm not much of a road-trip person.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2018 11:51 pm
Pizzaman
(@pizzaman)
Admin

ella, post: 2809963, member: 2110 wrote: I'm not a fan of the CRJs, but I don't mind an RJ145 as long as I have an A seat. They're not the most comfortable, but sometimes it is a choice between a regional jet or a long drive. I'm not much of a road-trip person.

I get it if it's the only choice. And, as a skinny dude, I can survive on the A side. But, I won't miss them when they're gone. I guess if the FAs actually believed me when I said my bag fit in the overhead bins (it clearly does)I might have more love for the 145s.

Sent from my iPhone using InsideFlyer mobile app

I don't have much to say, but you can usually find me saying it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2018 1:10 am
avflyer
(@avflyer)
Silver

colpuck, post: 2808929, member: 3248 wrote: probably, we're getting ready to enter a post-CRJ-200 world as those airframes reach the end of their life. They have 45,000 cycle AD that pretty much functions as the lifelimit on the airframe.

Could you be aa littlemore specific sbabo this AD? I've googled thetyhinh sideways, and I ccan' find a thing.... Thanks

MM Plat

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 26, 2018 6:39 pm
colpuck
(@colpuck)

avflyer, post: 2810533, member: 2294 wrote: Could you be aa littlemore specific sbabo this AD? I've googled thetyhinh sideways, and I ccan' find a thing.... Thanks

The A/C itself has a 65,000 cycle life limit imposed by the FAA, but there is a SDVI special detail visual inspection of basically the whole aircraft that has to be done between 40,000 and 45,000 cycles .It's a multi-million dollar inspection, so at that point the planes are scrap.

Airline Menus

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 26, 2018 10:09 pm
Page 1 / 2