Forum

Share:

DEN Mini-DO 2017 - October 7  

Page 1 / 6
  RSS
JC1120
(@jc1120)
Silver

Hi everyone! Apologies for the delay in planning the second event of the year, but we at Frequent Flyer Giving (FFG) are here to announce that we will be at Denver International Airport on October 7, 2017. This will be a tour of the United Catering Operations facility between 9am and 2pm that day. United built this facility 35 years ago, and has leased it to many vendors since that time. The in-house operation took back over the location in 2015.

Our friends at United are generously providing lunch during the event along with a hands-on tour! We will have a charity auction during the event as well benefiting the United WeCare Employee Relief Fund.

The cost for this event will be $55 per person, which will entirely be a donation to WeCare. All proceeds from this event will be double matched, with the first match going to United WeCare, and the second match going to Tripp Hatch ( https://www.gofundme.com/help-tripp-beat-cancer ).

For those of you who don't know, Tripp is a long time bartender in IAH, who served faithfully for many years at the Continental President's Club, later the United Clubs, and now currently is at the AMEX Centurion Lounge. He is getting treatment for cancer while still working. So in response for his many years of service, we are going to SURPRISE him with a donation to help cover the cost of his care. Please do your part and do not let him or his wife know before we are able to present him a check at IAH.

Registration is up at http://www.ffgiving.org/events/2017-10-DEN.php

Please wear anti-skid shoes (rubber soles) for this event. No open toed footwear, including sandals, is allowed. Suggest bringing a heavy jacket, as you will be in a cooler (35 to 40 degrees) for more than 30 minutes at a time.

-xyzzy, JC1120, J.Edward, and your friends at United

Posted : August 12, 2017 2:34 pm
JC1120
(@jc1120)
Silver

Paid Attendees (24)
Weatherboy
SWFA +1
Kurt
radonc1951
goodeats21
Two Bee
SFO 1K
mowogo
Biggles209 +1
fly2lanai
sexykitten
CMK10
coflyer2
Dublin_rfk
NgatesSEA
RTWSTARALLIANCE
mhnadel
YEGcited
FortFun
expert7700 +2

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2017 2:35 pm
Dublin_rfk
(@dublin_rfk)

JC1120, post: 2797748, member: 11306 wrote: Hi everyone! Apologies for the delay in planning the second event of the year, but we at Frequent Flyer Giving (FFG) are here to announce that we will be at Denver International Airport on October 7, 2017. This will be a tour of the brand new Chelsea catering kitchen between 9am and 2pm that day. Our friends at United are generously providing lunch during the event along with a hands-on tour! We will have a charity auction during the event as well benefiting the United WeCare Employee Relief Fund.

The cost for this event will be $55 per person, which will entirely be a donation to WeCare. All proceeds from this event will be double matched, with the first match going to United WeCare, and the second match going to Tripp Hatch ( https://www.gofundme.com/help-tripp-beat-cancer ).

For those of you who don't know, Tripp is a long time bartender in IAH, who served faithfully for many years at the Continental President's Club, later the United Clubs, and now currently is at the AMEX Centurion Lounge. He is getting treatment for cancer while still working. So in response for his many years of service, we are going to SURPRISE him with a donation to help cover the cost of his care. Please do your part and do not let him or his wife know before we are able to present him a check at IAH.

Registration will be up soon at the FFG Website.

Please wear anti-skid shoes (rubber soles) for this event. No open toed footwear, including sandals, is allowed. Suggest wearing a jacket or something warm, as the facility is kept cold.

-xyzzy, JC1120, J.Edward, and your friends at United

Cant wait!

http://my.flightmemory.com/DublinRFK

"Good judgement comes from experience and experience? It comes from BAD Judgement."
Unique points in 2018: EWR, LAX, SIN, SFO, IAD, IND, ORD, SAT, PHL, RDU, FLL, GRB, CLT, MSN, GRR, SNA, MCI, CLE, SAN, IAH, FRA, CVG, NRT, LAS, ABQ,[SIZE=4"> PDX[/SIZE">

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2017 9:43 pm
colpuck
(@colpuck)

Two tentative ins from me.

Sent from my iPhone using InsideFlyer

my.flightmemory.com/colpuck
Airline Menus

The views I just expressed are mine and have not been reviewed or approved by my employer or its parent company.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2017 9:52 pm
alanro
(@alanro)

Sorry to miss out on this one, but the timing does not work for me.

UA 1K, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Motel 6 Illudium Q-36, Tim Hortons Double Double...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2017 4:11 pm
JC1120
(@jc1120)
Silver

Potential list of attendees updated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2017 9:31 pm
Biggles209
(@biggles209)
Silver

I, +1, would like to attend!

UA 1K 1.8MM; AS; GP D; HH D

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2017 9:51 pm
davef139
(@davef139)

Mark me as very interested.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2017 9:54 pm
Olton Hall
(@olton-hall)

Interested.

Flickr Photos | YouTube channel | FM

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2017 1:24 am
Weatherboy
(@weatherboy)

I'll go

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2017 3:04 am
IDGflygirl
(@idgflygirl)

Interested!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using InsideFlyer mobile app

Join the MP Kiva Lending Team! Join the MP Zidisha Team!
Plat/1KGold | Diamond | Plat | almost GM | PM me for a SPG AmEx referral
My FM (in process) | FT: mnmag | Dancing through Life with Joy & Gratitude!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2017 9:56 pm
alanro
(@alanro)

I hadn't known that Tripp was ill. I'm not able to attend the event, but can I make a donation and still have it be double matched?

UA 1K, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Motel 6 Illudium Q-36, Tim Hortons Double Double...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 14, 2017 10:36 pm
COFreqFlyer
(@cofreqflyer)

Hmm, something in DEN. I might even be home for this. Color me interested +1.

Upcoming trip destinations for the next several weeks: KFST, KDEN, KSAT, MMPG, MMML, MMCN
Opinions expressed are my own, and do not reflect those of my employer or any living person.
KCCO! | My FM | My Photos
UACO 2017 Stats: 131,854 PQM, 71.0 PQS, $15,062 PQD | LifeMiles: 1,882,227 | 2016 Stats:101,180PQM,46.5PQS, $15,206PQD
DLNW 2017 Stats: 1,571 MQM, 2.0 MQS, $158 MQD | LifeMiles: 4,166 | 2016 Stats: 0 MQM, 0 MQS, $0 MQD
1K/MillionMiler | Gold | Diamond | Platinum | Platinum| Executive Elite
Spire | Presidents Circle YOU'RE FIRED! | General Member | BotMaster |Iron Ore | Global Entry

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 15, 2017 1:42 pm
JC1120
(@jc1120)
Silver

Now up to 11 potential attendees! We hope to have registration up by the end of the week.

alanro, post: 2797920, member: 82456 wrote: I hadn't known that Tripp was ill. I'm not able to attend the event, but can I make a donation and still have it be double matched?

Yes, we would be glad for you to make a donation and have it double matched.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 15, 2017 7:38 pm
Biggles209
(@biggles209)
Silver

That would be Biggles209+1, please!

UA 1K 1.8MM; AS; GP D; HH D

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 15, 2017 8:56 pm
Page 1 / 6