Forum

An Alaskan Odyssey ...
 
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

An Alaskan Odyssey in Pictures  

Page 3 / 4
  RSS
dmel
 dmel
(@dmel)

+1! Beautiful pictures!

Get $10 off your first Uber ride using my referral code: zmg3g.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 27, 2011 1:54 pm
kiwi
 kiwi
(@kiwi)

Thanks for the lovely pictures.

milepoint Kiva team giving a hand up, not a handout / how Kiva works / wiki / join Kiva here

lifetime KE MCPC (ST E+) | OZ D+ (*A G) | QF G (OW S)
requalifying NZ E (*A G) | QF P (OW E) | SQ TPP (*A G)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2012 5:35 pm
ella
 ella
(@ella)
Silver

Thanks for the great pics. Brought back memories of my trips to ANC and down to Seward !

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 1, 2012 7:00 pm
miles and smiles
(@miles-and-smiles)

Amazing trip report!
And wonderful pictures!
Thanks for sharing with us.
I am planning a trip to Vancouver Island next June, and I might add Alaska to the itinerary.

Relax .............. smile.............. enjoy................... and be grateful 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2012 12:44 am
KathInJax
(@kathinjax)
Silver

Thank you for the Trip Report!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2012 2:48 am
Quasiconvexity
(@quasiconvexity)

miles and smiles, post: 1599405, member: 1919 wrote: Amazing trip report!
And wonderful pictures!
Thanks for sharing with us.
I am planning a trip to Vancouver Island next June, and I might add Alaska to the itinerary.

Thank you! I would highly recommend it - the beauty of the place is beyond description. And you get to enjoy it away from the crowds.

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/an-alaskan-odyssey-in-pictures.24236/

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 19, 2012 2:08 am
Flyer1976
(@flyer1976)

Stunning photos!

I used to date someone who worked at Denali for the summer as a Park Ranger with the NPS. So I got to live there for the whole summer while coming and going between the Lower 48. 🙂

When did you go?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2014 2:17 pm
Quasiconvexity
(@quasiconvexity)

DIG/R_1K, post: 2375628, member: 390 wrote: Stunning photos!

I used to date someone who worked at Denali for the summer as a Park Ranger with the NPS. So I got to live there for the whole summer while coming and going between the Lower 48. 🙂

When did you go?

We were there in the Summer of 2011 - the first two weeks of August, if I remember. Cannot believe it has been almost 3 years already - a return trip is way overdue!

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/an-alaskan-odyssey-in-pictures.24236/

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 5, 2014 2:26 pm
Slow_Mustang
(@slow_mustang)
Silver

The timing of the report could not have been better. We are heading there in a couple of days.
Thanks for taking the time to post your trip report. Doing this chore seems to be dying among the more seasoned/traveled members.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2014 3:26 pm
Flyer1976
(@flyer1976)

Quasiconvexity, post: 2375634, member: 341 wrote: We were there in the Summer of 2011 - the first two weeks of August, if I remember. Cannot believe it has been almost 3 years already - a return trip is way overdue!

Agreed... I <3 Denali!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 11, 2014 12:23 pm
anileze
(@anileze)

Actually, on my first trip to AK, I was stunned by the scale of the place. Being off tourist season, it was stark in it's melancholic and desolate gloominess. Reminded my of a rural version of Blade Runner. But, last year I loved in certain ways. Specially its variety of local beers !:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2014 5:38 am
Quasiconvexity
(@quasiconvexity)

Slow_Mustang, post: 2378891, member: 4637 wrote: The timing of the report could not have been better. We are heading there in a couple of days.
Thanks for taking the time to post your trip report. Doing this chore seems to be dying among the more seasoned/traveled members.

Thanks, Slow_Mustang. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. We have traveled extensively within the US (esp the National Park system) and nothing quite compares to the beauty of Alaska.

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/an-alaskan-odyssey-in-pictures.24236/

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2014 1:50 pm
Slow_Mustang
(@slow_mustang)
Silver

With the adventurous things that you do on your trips and the breathtaking pictures that come out of your lens, I am hoping that you would not take as long to post your TR for Hong Kong/India, as you did for the Alaskan trip. 😉

Good luck and safe travels.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2014 4:04 pm
Newscience
(@newscience)

anileze, post: 2381514, member: 133336 wrote: Actually, on my first trip to AK, I was stunned by the scale of the place. Being off tourist season, it was stark in it's melancholic and desolate gloominess. Reminded my of a rural version of Blade Runner. But, last year I loved in certain ways. Specially its variety of local beers !:)

This sounds like a "must-visit"! And perhaps I'll get to practice my Mandarin! 😉

A-List Platinum

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 16, 2014 4:44 pm
Espan
(@espan)
Silver

Amazing photos. What's yr secret for getting such great shots from moving small aircraft, I assume through window glass...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 18, 2014 2:42 am
Page 3 / 4