Zurch connection on LX

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by spaced2, Mar 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. spaced2
    Original Member

spaced2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi there! I've got a 45 minute connection in Zurich. Am i screwed? (Flying CDG -> ZRH ->JFK). Luckily i'm not on the last flight out to JFK that afternoon, but I want to know how prepared i should be.

If memory serves me right, it can be a bit of a walk from EU arrivals to US departures...

2. NewbieRunner
    Original Member

NewbieRunner Gold Member

Status Points:
    All longhaul flights depart from Dock E.

3. airoli
    Original Member

airoli Silver Member

Status Points:
    You'll arrive Gates A and will have to clear Schengen border control, then take the train to the E gates, clear security and board. In 45min, it's doable but don't count on lots of spare time. The good news is that the long-hauls are frequently held a bit to facilitate late connections in ZRH, so I would not be too worried.

spaced2 and TRAVELSIG like this.
  4. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point airoli that it is doable- and yes, without a lot of spare time. I would head directly to the gate after enjoying the Heidi train and security/passport control.

5. spaced2
    Original Member

spaced2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    oh i nearly forgot about the Heidi train! the sound effects make it a truly swiss experience.

6. ChicagoEric
    Original Member

ChicagoEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would a 90 minute connection (arriving long haul TG connecting to LH hop to Munich) be cutting it too tight?

7. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should be fine.

ChicagoEric likes this.
  8. airoli
    Original Member

airoli Silver Member

Status Points:
    90min is plenty of time - you could ride the Heidi train more than once to get the full experience! ;)

9. Maluku_Flyer
    Original Member

Maluku_Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    One thing tthat's a bit annoying about ZRH is the fact that you always have to go through security even if you're just connecting. The Biz and SEN lounges are also outside the sterile area, so you always need to factor that in. Even the fast track queues can be quite long at certain times.

10. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    90 minutes is a lot of time in MUC. I have managed to do that in under 30 minutes connecting from within the EU area flying to Charlotte, NC. It was a long run but made it :)

11. spaced2
    Original Member

spaced2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    irony of starting this thread: my ZRH-JFK flight ended up delayed 3 hrs, and i took a bump/upgrade to the 737 to EWR b/c of an equipment downgrade...so i took heidi 3 times!