Zone 2 boarding with credit card

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Nexus99, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Does the US Airways Platinum card provide zone 2 boarding privalages? Also, how does one get that associated with our US Airways "profile" so it will put that on our boarding passes. I just got my card and I am a newbie :) Thanks in advance for the help.
    ACMM and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

It should happen automatically if you registered with your US Airways DM number (you'll see a little box that says DMS in it for Dividend Miles Select which also gives you 5k miles off of award bookings) but I'd give it a few days if its new. I don't recall what boarding privileges you get though if you're just a standard member, perhaps someone else can help.
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Welcome to milePoint and congratulations on your first post :)
  4. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Actually, according to the T&C that I received, the platinum card does not have zone 2 boarding. Just the premier World card. This was on the printed materials that they sent to me and the online Terms & conditions.

First Class Check-in and Zone 2 Boarding (for Premier World & World Elite Cardmembers only): Premier World & World Elite Primary Cardmembers are invited to check-in at the US Airways Preferred or First Class counter when checking-in for their flight. The Primary Cardmember only is invited to board the aircraft early as part of Zone 2 provided their Dividend Miles number is part of their reservation. First Class Check-in and Zone 2 Boarding are only available on US Airways operated and marketed flights.
  5. Jizzle

Jizzle Silver Member

So this screwed me up a bit too as I applied for the premier and received the platinum which I didn't like so much. So I called Barclays and was told I should reapply immediately which would trigger a manual review at which time I could call the reconsideration line.
    So I did. I received a second platinum card in the mail. Upon calling again, the CSR informed me that I had qualified for the 40k bonus on both cards pursuant to the offer for the premier card. She wanted to know if i wanted to close the 2nd account or leave it open. Duh.
    So I don't know if there is an actual difference other than the actual branding of the card itself.
    I wasn't going to complain since I will be getting 2 40k bonus out of the deal. Super goofy, but in a tolerable way.
    javacodeguy likes this.