Zipcar/Living Social: Car-Sharing Membership + $30 in Driver's Credits

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by JohnDeere19, Aug 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We all need to get away from time to time. And while that 'round-the-world jaunt may not be in the (credit) cards this year, today's deal lets you get out of town without putting a second mortgage down. Pay just $29 and drive away with an annual membership and $30 in Driving Credit to Zipcar (a $115 value).

http://livingsocial.com/deals/112625-car-sharing-membership- -30-in-driver-s-credits

EDIT: If you'd like to buy, I'd appreciate you using my referral link:
    https://livingsocial.com/deals/112625?ref=conf-jp&rpi=23771245

uggboy likes this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Limit one per person • Must redeem online by October 26, 2011 • Not valid for current Zipcar members • Valid for previous members if membership was canceled on or before May 25, 2011 • Not valid for University or Zipcar for Business membership • Valid for residents near New Haven only • Driving credit may be used over multiple reservations and expires two months from activation date • Annual membership auto-renews unless canceled • Must be 21 or older and have a valid driver's license for at least one year; for other eligibility requirements visit bit.ly/zipcarfaq • Other conditions apply • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 26, 2011

EDIT: bolding mine!

uggboy likes this.
  3. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy likes this.
  4. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had my first ZipCar drive up to my store last week. Driven by a couple from San Francisco who picked it up at PHX (actually at the airport in a parking garage). They said it was convenient for them since they really don't need to drive in SF, but you really need it in the SW US.

(I wonder since they picked it up at the airport and it was in a parking garage, just how much did they have to pay to get out of the parking garage? I can see parking fees piling up on a drop off car like ZipCar.)

JohnDeere19 and uggboy like this.
  5. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    " Valid for residents near New Haven only"...looks like unless you live in CT it's a non-deal, unless anyone can inform otherwise?

uggboy and JohnDeere19 like this.
  6. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depends on the definition of "near", I suppose. I'm in eastern Washington state --- that's "near" New Haven compared to Beijing. ;)

Sounds like a non-deal.

I do, however, like Zipcar for when I travel to Seattle ---- Fly in, take the light rail to downtown, and if I need a car, just use a local Zipcar. The Zipcars that are parked in high-priced downtown Seattle garages have parking passes --- I suspect that's what they do at this airport location.

uggboy and JohnDeere19 like this.
  7. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shady T&Cs...I'd say if you live in NYC or the area, go for it. NYC is definitely near New Haven and there's no reason you wouldn't sign up for living socials in southern connecticut.

uggboy likes this.
  8. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    LS also posted a Zipcar deal for NYC https://touch.livingsocial.com/deal...ts?msdc_id=3&ref=NYCDDeal082611_231_4971email

IMO, I don't see why anyone in NYC would bother w/ Zipcar when Hertz has similar hourly rates that also give miles/points.