Zagat, USA TODAY Road Warriors pick top Italian restaurants

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, Aug 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/indus...riors-pick-top-Italian-restaurants/56827386/1

Frequent business traveler Alan Intrator keeps coming back with clients to an Italian restaurant on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles where he says they're "always treated like rock stars."
    The service at La Gondola "is insanely off-the-wall fantastic," and "I love Italian food," says Intrator, who lives in Woodmere, N.Y., and is the president of a company that provides credit card processing referrals.
    Italian food remains a staple for many business travelers who need to entertain clients. And it remains a favorite of many for own their meals when on the road, regardless of the size of their expense accounts. So, USA TODAY asked restaurant guidebook publisher Zagat to select what it considers to be the top Italian restaurants in the country.

Zagat — whose reviewers rate Italian cuisine as the most popular cuisine, followed by American and Japanese — chose the best Italian restaurants in 22 metropolitan areas.

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/money/indus...riors-pick-top-Italian-restaurants/56827386/1

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love Italian restaurants, especially the good ones!:) IMHO, the simpler the style, the better the food!:)

Kalboz and jbcarioca like this.
  3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am sure it was NOT the Olive Garden! :D

uggboy likes this.
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am conflicted :confused: Zagat and USA Today ??? A match made in heaven:rolleyes:

Didn't read all the article but a scanned I noticed a whole section was spent on a diner who says she "don't really like Italian food" huh???
    Those are the experts they chose???
    I just couldn't bother to read anymore of that utter nonsense.

Kalboz likes this.