YYZ-MCO Commuter Flight Pass Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by UA191, Sep 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Okay, this might sound a bit taboo to some of you folks out there, but then again... ;)

So - I am looking for a flight pass that can assist with commuting between YYZ & MCO weekly.
    I would fly YYZ-MCO on Sunday evening & MCO-YYZ on Friday Evening.
    I know that AC has the most daily flights on this route, but their flight passes don't fit me as well as I'd like (plus it would be torture to have to deal with their customer service that often!)

I'm willing to connect & I really don't care which airline I fly on.
    I know that some Flight Pass programs have Student Discounts, which I also qualify for.
    I'm going to be flying this route with this particular pattern for about 6 months.

Which flight pass works for me?
    Thanks in advance to anyone with suggestions!

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, flight passes are not big in the states at all, and the programs are probably a lot more initial outlay than you want to do (UA starts at $10,000), AC looks like it is the best option. I know it is not great, but much better than the lacking options

UA191 likes this.
  3. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm with mowogo on this- no US airline that I know of offer a flight pass that would fit your needs. I would go with AC or look at some of the other airlines that fly that route and see if something would make more sense on a per-flight basis. It looks like US Airways, American, United, Continental, Delta and Westjet all have one-stops between MCO and YYZ. If it were me, I'd pick the airline that offers the best average price for the times you want to fly and book each weekend from there.

4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now, if you were willing to fly out of Buffalo, you could take AirTranU, which is a $50 airport standby program for those 22 and under.