YYC Roam the Runway Event

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by The Winger, Jun 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    I spent the morning out at the event on the new runway about to open at YYC, the airport did a great job organizing the event. We got to walk about 1.5k each way of the runway which was full of planes, many displays, and food trucks.

AC did a great job at the event, and was well represented showing off the 787, and unfortunately Rouge also. I spent some time talking with a pilot at the 787 and he was quite excited for the plane to enter the fleet. I told him I was about 13K away from reaching MM status and he congratulated me. The Service Director I was speaking with chuckled when I told her I was steering clear of the Rouge plane after my first horrible experience with that airline last week, but thats for another thread.

Great job YYC!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    How cold was it in Calgary? I see people in coats and boots, althouugh obviously one guy is wearing shorts.

3. The Winger
    Original Member

The Winger Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was a great day, if it was November! It was about 12c or so this morning, and it didn't warm up that much this afternoon.

4. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My Rouge experience, about six months ago, wasn't terrible. But it certainly depends on your expectations, too.
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/we-got-rouged.76249/