YVR to EZE with 1-stop using Aeroplan

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by mattm, May 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hi Guys,

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to booking award flights... I'm looking for a YVR to EZE (Bunos Aires) flight in November, December, or January.

Aircanada.com shows several flights a day that go directly to EZE from YYZ, however, no matter what dates I search for on the Aeroplan site I get shown options that involve 2 or 3 stop overs. I even ran searches for 1-way only fares, and the same thing came up.

Even when I searched for YYZ to EZE on Aeroplan, the website insisted on showing me flights with layovers rather than the non-stop flights that exist.

Any tips? Will the Aeroplan booking agent be able to get me onto the Air Canada flights or will he see the same flights & availability that I do?

2. There are no award seats on the SCL/EZE flight I would imagine.. no big mystery.
    The agents see the same AC flights, sometimes they can get you better Star Alliance flights that
    the aeroplane site does not.

3. I thought all YYZ-EZE flights stop in Chile?

4. Turns out that's not the case... AC092 goes YYZ to EZE direct, which is pretty sweet if one can get a seat on it.

5. You sure? Direct isn't Non Stop.. Up to know they have all gone thru Santiago

why fly likes this.
  6. Yes.. just looked.. they stop in Chile

7. I think years ago AC went yyz; Santiago eze then they came nonstop home from EZE?? However I am not 100 % sure. I wish they would do rotating days with nonstops to EZE.

8. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, AC used to alternate which city it did the stop at, usually alternating every other day so it was YYZ-SCL-EZE-YYZ or YYZ-EZE-SCL-YYZ. Then it started in on the current YYZ-SCL-EZE-SCL-YYZ routing.

why fly likes this.
  9. I wonder why they do it that way instead of rotating what city they do the nonstop from? perhaps its for crew reasons.?

10. I think they make money on the RT between SCL and EZE for local pax.

11. Bit of both I imagine,

They charge a mint for it. Was going to do it for fun little run, was impressed by the cost.

I think they maybe to do one less rotation with crew this way. We do a similar pattern but as a triangle (A-B-C-A). There is no thru traffic between B-C on ours. We do it with 2 crews. One A-B-C and one C-A.

milchap likes this.
  12. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    They used to really sell cheap seats to Chileans to spend the weekend in Buenos Aires but not sure they do so any longer. All the sectors I've flew between the two cities two winters ago (when the fare was about $700 a/i did three returns) have had very empty cabins with very light SCL-EZE-SCL loads but heavy into and out of SCL. Not sure what it's like these days.

13. When I looked at it last month its was 600 ish RT.. I see now with some advance purchase its 79$ each way.. J Class Sub $300