Yukon XL rental from Hertz - some questions

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by Gaucho, May 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello to all... looking for someone that may have a recent rental experience with a Yukon XL from Hertz. I wonder how well equipped a version I can expect to get from Hertz, Im looking at a July rental with pickup from MIA. If at all possible, I would be interested in leather seats and back row entertainment package...... any chance this can happen or am I asking too much....?

Thanks,
    Alex / Gaucho

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt you'll get it that nicely equipped, but I haven't purposely looked at those things in Miami...

They might steer you towards the Prestige collection, where you'll probably find an Escalade / Navigator or GL450 with some nice equipment.

You can always call the rental location and ask.

3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks..... well it looks like Im now steering towards an Econoline Super Wagon due to storage space issues...... (sigh)

4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    In any event, if someone has empirical evidence/experience with how many suitcases you can load into the back of a Yukon XL with the 3rd row deployed (ei. in use with passengers) please let me know. I just got off the phone with Hertz and they tell me that the availability of an Econoline Super Wagon is not guaranteed for my pickup date and that they sometimes offer an extra large SUV as a replacement.....

Thanks.

5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends entirely on the year. My brother-in-law used to own an older version and you had absolutely no space with the third row deployed. The new models (not sure exactly what year they changed it but I think it was 2012) have "some" space back there, but it's you can certainly not fit any kind of large luggage -- particularly if you're packing for a ton of people (which I assume you are, considering that you're looking to rent that boat).

This is what you can expect... sorry to break it to you... :)

gmc-yukon_key_8.jpg