Your Recent IHG Accelerate Offer

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Kalboz, Aug 24, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine not worth it, total of 50K bonus points for 5 stays: earn 50,000 total bonus points when you complete your offers.

5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
    Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

6,800 Stay More, Earn More
    Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 6,800 bonus points.

8,000 Change Your View®
    Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 8,000 bonus points.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
    Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

28,700 Your Achievement Bonus
    Complete 3 of 5 offers and earn (an additional) 28,700 bonus points.

so basically 5 one night stays or to include Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacations for the final bonus to kick in - not worth it.

What is your offer? Are you partaking?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    William JLP and uggboy like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    ~100K for 9 stays, some crazy goals thrown in, such as stay during X month & get 5K bonus, stay internationally goal (of course to a country/region where I have no plans to travel to), I too need to stay at Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property.

I haven't decided if I'm going to participate or not.

William JLP and Kalboz like this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    question, is everyone receiving notice of the accelerate promos from IHG? If so, by what means? (email, snail mail, social media, etc)

I have not been notified by IHG in any manner (that I'm aware of) for the past couple of accelerate promos.

4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been notified but after I already registered ... I'm always informed of the promos by the bloggers first. This seems to be the norm for me with all other hotels/airlines/credit cards!!!

Sweet Willie and William JLP like this.
  5. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks @Kalboz for putting this up; I had to go check my email.

3k first stay
    1.5k for a stay paid on the MasterCard
    4k for a weekend stay
    10k for 5 nights
    21.5k for 3/4 achievements
    5k for a September stay

So Saturday/Sunday or Friday/Saturday in September and pay with the CC to get 35k bonus. Not sure if that's mattress-run worthy but it could be useful for upcoming trips.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can get to 45k for a 5-night C&P stay in September. Almost certainly won't bother, but interesting to see what the triggers are (1 stay, C&P, September, 5 nights).

My main problem (other than the limited value of the points) is that the total for me is heavily weighted to getting all three - that's 33k points of 45k. I get the marketing angle of why it theoretically works but not on me this time, I don't think.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  7. William JLP

William JLP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Weekend stay 4000 pts
    Stay once 3000 pts
    2 Holiday Inns 6400 pts
    Points and cash 1000 pts
    Big city bonus 3600 pts
    Use IHG card 1500 pts
    6 out of 7 11000 pts
    Plus another 5000 for a September stay

Most of this will be covered by attending the Chicago Seminars anyway, so it was easy to do a cheap points and cash at another Holiday Inn in September. No plans to stay five nights and get another 10,000 pts, but this one is easier, though much less lucrative, than past years.

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the Holiday Inn Resort and Holiday Inn Club Vacations qualify as Holiday Inn stays, but, at least for me, aren't required.

Sweet Willie and Kalboz like this.
  8. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    For some reason, my offer has changed as below. Did anyone experience this!!!

3,000 Stay Once Get 3,000
    Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
    Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

20,800 Discover Our Brands
    Stay at 3 brands and get 20,800 bonus points.

6,400 Stay Smart®
    Stay Smart® by staying at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 6,400 bonus points.

1,000 Stay for Less and Earn
    Earn 1,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash.

3,600 Big City Bonus
    Stay in 1 of 6 major markets: New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Houston, and Las Vegas and earn 3,600 bonus points.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
    Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

19,000 Your Achievement Bonus
    Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 19,000 bonus points.

5,000 September Bonus Offer

Stay once in September and get 5,000 bonus points.

So, if I stay once in September, on P+C rate, pay with my IHG CC, I get 10.5K IHG points worth around $60.

9. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    My offer didn't change, but here's what I got:

Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 11.26.50 PM.png
    I'm surprised by the September bonus since that's typically not a time they need extra heads in beds. Since I'm unlikely to book a bonus points package, that lobs off a huge part of my potential bonus. I'm not planning to participate, though I might dumb luck into a September stay due to a few off the beaten path stays.