Your Go-To Restaurant

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by MSYgirl, Nov 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    When you are close to getting home or finally arrived, is there a local restaurant you think and obsess about visiting? Which one makes you drool just thinking about it? I have too many to count and love good food almost as I love cooking, so I can't pick just one.

Mapsmith, clscholes, Espan and 2 others like this.
  2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Whenever returning home to Tucson, I start thinking about any of the decent Mexican Restaurants. Mexican food anyplace else just does not measure up, and that includes in Mexico. Not sure what it is but South Fourth Avenue in Tucson is the Mexican Food Capital of the world.

3. dstober

dstober Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 415 Restaurant in Fort Collins, CO. Their Mas Por Favor Sandwich (rustic bread, avocado, cheddar, tomato, roasted jalapeños) and the best roasted red pepper bisque I've ever had. I think I know what I'm having for lunch!

4. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    At home, it's my kitchen. But when I fly in and out of EGE to visit family, it's a burger at Grand Avenue Grill.

dstober, Mapsmith and clscholes like this.
  5. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    LC's BBQ...mmmmmmmm.

dstober and Mapsmith like this.
  6. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

Status Points:
    As we ascribe to the concept of "live to eat," as opposed to "eat to live," we are usually drooling, by the time we get off the plane. Whether we are arriving at MSY, SFO, ORD, LHR, CDG, HNL or FCO, we ARE thinking about our upcoming meals. I almost always have a reservation for a restaurant, and often have to check our luggage at the restaurant's door, before checking into our hotel.

To us, great dining is one of the most important aspects of our travels, whether for business, or leisure. Heck, I won't even accompany my wife to Las Vegas, unless she can give me two nights, where I pick the restaurants. If she will ONLY be doing business dinners, she usually travels alone - though I have made a few exceptions, where I will do solo at the restaurant of my choice, while she gets "rubber chicken" in some catered meeting, though not that often.

7. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    In the DC area, Elephant Jumps for Thai, Kogiya for Korean BBQ, R&R Deli for tacos and soups, anything at the Eden Center for Vietnamese, Del Campo for South American

8. cheepneezy
    Original Member

cheepneezy Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is kind of pathetic:oops: but my go-to eatery is Subway when I travel. I'm usually out west in Podunk towns and Subway offers a consistent product that I like that I can grab and either eat in the car, or take hiking.

365RoadWarrior likes this.
  9. 365RoadWarrior

365RoadWarrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm strict vegetarian, so I'm at Subway pretty often myself. Not a lot of choice (veggie delite, white bread (other breads have honey), no cheese, no mayonaisse), but better than nothing.

cheepneezy likes this.