Your favorite "aspirational" hotel properties?

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by Lynda, Jun 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Lynda
    Original Member

Lynda Milepoint Staff

Status Points:
    Would like to hear from travelers about your favorite "aspirational" hotel properties you can stay at with hotel loyalty points. The places that you've stayed at and loved, or the places you would like to stay at and dream about.

uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Park Hyatt Tokyo, Park Hyatt Seoul, Park Hyatt Hamburg, Park Hyatt Milan, Grand Hyatt Seoul, Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Grand Hyatt Taipei, Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo, Hyatt Regency - The Churchill London, Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf, Hyatt Regency Jeju, Hyatt Regency Incheon and Hyatt Regency Tokyo. All are genial properties, we received great service, recognition and felt very positive during our stays with them.

Would love in fact to stay again in all the above mentioned Hyatt hotels and we dream about the new Park Hyatt Busan, plus Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, Grand Hyatt Berlin and more of Japanese Hyatt properties in general. Plus the new Waldorf Astoria hotels in Amsterdam and Ras Al Khaimah. More InterContinental Hotels and hopefully our first St. Regis in the future too. We love both IC properties in London and would love to stay with IC in Asia and the Middle East too.

We also dream about a few hotels around the world which can only be booked with "cash" and not with "points" incl. Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong, Landmark MO HK, MO Kuala Lumpur, MO Singapore, plus selected Four Season properties, GHM Hotels, maybe an Aman, and again the MO in Tokyo, this would be our second stay we dream about this Tokyo property. Of course the list could go on, so much to see, so few time and resources. I guess, it's all a balance, that's life. As always, safe travels.

RichardInSF likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Conrad Koh Samui. When I stayed there it cost me just 40,000 Hilton points per night. The current per-night price (post-March 28 HHonors devaluation) is 95,000 points much of the year. But I still think this makes the list because on an award stay you don't wind up in a mediocre room at a fabulous property, the base level room is a standalone ocean villa with private pool.

Other HHonors properties that would make the list are probably Conrad Maldives and Bora Bora Nui.

Park Hyatt Maldives is a value at 22,000 points per night, much of the year the 'regular' room price is ~ $750. Of course you do have to spend money to get there -- once you make it to the Maldives it's ~ US$495 per person roundtrip for domestic flights and boat transfers, and food at the resort is not inexpensive (though breakfast and internet are included for all guests). I've stayed there twice so far, and a buy up from an award for a base "park villa" is $350++ to an overwater villa.

Of course Park Hyatt Vendome is probably on this list for Hyatt and so is the Park Hyatt Sydney and perhaps Park Hyatt Tokyo.

St. Regis Bali... and W Maldives... St Regis Bora Bora... the properties in Sardinia... for Starwood.

I guess I have no noodle on whether Marriott has true aspirational properties at all, I am not immediately coming up with anything at the same level?

IHG at least does have French Polynesia hotels.

uggboy likes this.
  4. RoxanaLewis

RoxanaLewis Active Member

Status Points:
    Amangiri is my aspirational goal for the U.S.
    Hotel Cipriani, in Italy.
    Gora Kadan, in Japan.

k_malm and uggboy like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Awesome choice. :)

6. JimBobDuggarIsABusyMan

JimBobDuggarIsABusyMan Active Member

Status Points:
    Grand Hyatt Dubai.

uggboy likes this.
  7. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking about the Amans in Bhutan for a 7-9 day trip. Would be complicated since I would like to do a land entry into Bhutan from India and I believe there is only one place where foreigners are allowed to do that.

uggboy likes this.
  8. Tia

Tia Active Member

Status Points:
    I loved the PATTARA RESORT & SPA in Phitsanulok, Thailand. The rooms were so large and comfortable, the meals we fine with great service. The pools were just fantastic.

uggboy likes this.
  9. jollyannie

jollyannie Active Member

Status Points:
    Chèvre d' Or at Eze in France on the French Riviera.........ethical hedonism at its' best........if you are not happy here you should join Nietzsche on the hiking trail and chill out..............it just doesn't get any better than this.......

uggboy and suenam like this.
  10. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    All the Andaz properties - my absolute fav. Hotel Indigo would be next on the list. Then Starwood's Aloft. I'm a boutique kinda guy. Would like to see em' all some day. Hopefully the new EVEN hotels by IHG will be a nice change to the hotel world...

uggboy likes this.
  11. Crown Plaza Changi airport hotel is my best hotel I stay when ever I visit..

uggboy likes this.
  12. Four Seasons George V Four Seasons Florence Ritz Carlton Moscow any Aman Hotel Singita Hotels, Park Hyatt Sydney, Park Hyatt B.A, EXPLORA rapa-nuI, Mandarin Oriental Tokyo, One and Only Cape Town, Capella Singapore, The Point New York, The Siam Bangkok, Four Seasons Golden Triangle, Four Seasons Hong Kong, Bel Air Los Angeles, Peninsular New York, Kauri Cliffs, Huka Lodge etc are all places I would like to try out

uggboy likes this.
  13. Silver Springer

Silver Springer Gold Member

Status Points:

Park Hyatt Maldives--going there in August--the domestic flight and boat transfer cost is now $545 a person.

14. Boraxo

Boraxo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Park Hyatt Tokyo, Park Hyatt Sydney, St Regis Aspen, Peninsula Hong Kong.

You could not pay me to visit the Maldives though I'd consider some of those overwater bungalows in Bora Bora or Thailand.

15. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, poor Marriott essentially lets its more autonomous Ritz Carlton flag crowd out what would otherwise be their aspirational properties. But within the Autograph Collection, Scrub Island is worthy. Also, the Hotel Beaux Arts atop and somewhat integrated with the JW Marriott Marquis Miami is truly an excellent property, offering CL to all rooms, which makes it a particular value as a Cat 6 if you do not have status.

16. jfhscott
    Original Member

jfhscott Silver Member

Status Points:
    What points programs provide rooms at the FSG5, FSFlorence, Aman's, Singita's, Explora, One and Only Cspetown, Capella Singapore, The Point, the Siam. FS Golden Triangle, FS Hong Kong, Bel Air, Pen Ny, Kauri Cliffs or Huka Lodge?