Your angriest in-flight experience?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Sep 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure you can top this one: Man on plane threatens to slit seatmate’s throat over armrest, leg space

Jimgotkp likes this.
  2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Scary. Row 5? Is that FC. Can't tell because the news report doesn't identify the plane.

Sounds like the guy was a jerk to start with.

3. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not quite so personal, but I was on an Aeroflot IL-62 at TAS which parked at the head of the runway for what seemed like hours while the drivers did run-ups on each (of 4) engines to see it we'd have enough thrust to make it into the air. It was an unspeakably hot August day and the density altitude must have been very dicey for a fully loaded, under-powered jet.

While they did their little static tests, they turned off the AC in the cabin and presently it went to sauna levels and beyond - people were fainting and the doctor sitting next to me... from Mumbai... said he'd never been this hot.

Some old Uzbek guy wearing very traditional gear (robes, head-covering etc.) jumped out of his seat and pulled his (decorative? authentic?) dagger out of its fancy holder and started hollering in Uzbek and running up and down the aisle, waving his knife around. Mad as hell and not going to take it anymore, I guess.

Gang-tackled by the stout Aeroflot FAs (this was in the USSR days) he got strapped into his seat, still making noise. I don't think he actually threatened anybody (much less promising to dig out their eyes) but I don't speak Uzbek so can't say for sure.

Anyway presently we rolled and used every millimeter of runway before getting airborne. Sometime during climb-out they remembered up front to turn on the fridge, which they set to Siberia. All the moisture immediately condensed on anything metal on the overhead racks (no bins) and it rained on us most of the way to Moscow.

4. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't had many. Last was on JFK-PRG, day JFK opened up after hurricane Irene. We boarded (DL) and ready to go even 10 mins early.....but oops, once of the cockpit crew has not turned up......and we need 3 to fly TATL......announcement made a luckily a pilot deadheading will land at LGA in a few minutes and then take a taxi over.....and then the outrage of all the senior citizens and espcially the guy behind me starts.....so the wait goes 15, 30, 45, 60 mins and the all the seniors are "outraged" they can only get water while the BE's can get a coke and they guy behind goes on and on and on and on about how come DL can't count to three for scheduling their crew....although several FA's have now explained that the 3rd cockpit crew thought he could get in but in the end was held up by the flooding.....and people are boiling now and threatening to leave.....at which, at this was great, the captain got on the PA, and told all that for anyone wanting to get off , please be aware that due the hurricane and of course all the people who needed to be rescheduled while JFK was shut, the daily DL PRG-JFK flight was 100% full for the next 5 days......and then total peaceful silence while we waited and approx 2 1/5 hour late we took off....

MissBurrill and sobore like this.