You have 3 segments until the next milestone...

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, May 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    In looking at my SM account today to see if Hilton miles had posted, I had a moment of amusement...

Segments to next milestone: 3 - for Silver!
    Miles to next milestone: 33.8k...for Diamond...

Sad thing is that it's only May and 13k more is already booked in June and August...my first trip on AA/BA is this weekend (assuming no volcanic interruptions)...which will influence how much time I spend on DL the rest of the year.

Sorry...I found it amusing...and it makes ME happy.

I am sure others out there are hitting various milestones as well.

:)robin

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like I'll hit PM this year (thanks to help from rollover and AmEx) without even flying 30 segments. (I just booked the trip that will get me PM, and it's on FlexPoints, so I don't even have to pay cash for it.) Would hit GM without the AmEx help and still come up well shy of 30 segments. A few TATLs (and one of mine comes with a transcon attached) will do that for you :)

From Sunday night until Monday night next week, I'll actually have flown more segments on AZ (6) than on DL (4) in 2011.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's amazing how quickly things came along this year...I made PM by the first week of June last year and was about 2 months ahead of that this year...between BIS and rollover. :) About 60% of my TATL include a transcon, so I totally get it!

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've always had a small number of segments for my MQMs. For example, last year over 250 MQMs in about 40 segments. I find it funny that DL seems to know that I'm already DM on MQMs for next year, but when one looks at the bar chart to the right for segments, it looks like I'm unlikely to even make FO for next year.

5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I find it amusing when I read posts about those that make DM on segments...while there are those of us who barely fly enough segments to make FO or GM, but hit the MQMs...we just spend more time on bigger planes most of the time! :D