YOU GET TO CONTROL MY WEEKEND

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by DeltaDM2013, Mar 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. DeltaDM2013

DeltaDM2013 New Member

Status Points:
    Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum and I would greatly appreciate any advice you can provide. My goal is to achieve Delta DM status this year. I currently have 2,000 MQM. I just signed up for the Delta Reserve Amex so that is another 10,000 MQM. I am not going to spend over 15K on my credit card this year so I will not get the bonus MQM. My airport is CMH. I will be traveling to Japan once this year on business and once to Hong Kong for vacation. For those two trips, I just want to fly normally with limited stops. However, for the remainder of the year I have no problem taking crazy international flights and returning the same/next day to get MQM. By the way, I want to achieve DM status through MQM and not through segments. Can you please help???????? I have no idea how you guys book flights with a zillion layovers that cost $500. I tried booking on Kayak a trip from CMH to ATL to NRT and from NRT to ATL -CMH and that was $1,800. I want to give up already......
    I have nothing to do this upcoming weekend so feel feel to plan my trip for me and I will go wherever need be to get miles. The only caveat is that I cant get to the airport until 6/7pm on Friday and I need to be home by Sunday night for work the following day. Thanks!

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. DeltaDM2013

DeltaDM2013 New Member

Status Points:
    Do that put that both in the departing and destination city?

4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    you put DL= on whatever routes you're flying.

So put in CMH - NRT D+ & then search by month. put in 1 day for a quick turnaround or whateva you want

5. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Google flights may be a better option.

I have always been searching for a tool that would search for flights at specific times e.g. departing every Friday after 7PM and returning before midnight on Sunday. The destination is open. I do this with google flights but more often than not, the departure times do not suit me.

6. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might want to also sign up to one or two DL specific boards, such as deltapoints.com

That was ALSO, not INSTEAD :)

I think you can make the 30K spend BTW if you get creative -- don't give up. 15K MQMs are very significant!