Yikes! #emeraldclub is not really #emeraldclub

Discussion in 'National | Emerald Club' started by Randy Petersen, May 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    OK, just got my Executive Elite card in the mail and I love the way it looks, especially the "member since 1988". So, I go to tweet it up since I'm pretty happy. In tweetspeak, i thought I'd mention Emerald Club so hashed up #emeraldclub. Right before pulling the tweet trigger, I decided to go look and see what the page looks like for Emerald Club. Well, glad I did. The twitter.com/emeraldclub is an Emerald Aisle of a different color .... the most recent tweet was this: "Amateur Strip Night! First Thursday - October 1st - 9:00pm All voyeurs & exhibitionists welcome! $5.00 Large Pitcher's of Pabst"

Uh ...... sounds like a heck of an aisle and not sure which "Mustang" I might end up with. So, unless you are interested in a "gay bar/club that is very friendly" in Boise, ID, check that tweet before ... taking (it) off. Oh, one more piece of advice ... don't use the "similar to" suggestions on that page to add to your Twitter followers group!!!!!

NOTE to National Car Rental -- since you can claim abandoned tweet location's with Twitter, I'd suggest you move to claim that address on Twitter since it was last posted to nearly two years ago. I think you'd have no problem getting the Twitter address for Emerald Club. I'm just sayin'.

LIH Prem, Kohoutek, sobore and 4 others like this.
  2. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Randy - I'm beginning to feel like you're following me around - posts in Hyatt and National today!!! :D

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Actually quite coincidental (your iPhone told me where you'd be!). Like you, I'm clicking around helping to build positive content for milepoint.

travelinmike33 likes this.
  4. 2soonold
    Original Member

2soonold Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow. I just joined Emerald Club this year. I'm looking forward to getting a $5 pitcher of beer with my rental car!:D

5. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It said "Pabst", not beer. :D

tahewett likes this.
  6. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guessed the industry correctly, I was wrong on location though. I was thinking Seattle, not Boise. Yelp suggests that the Boise establishment is out of business so it is abandoned. Unfortunately I don't see National/Big E caring about social media channels beyond the a glossy facade, hope to be wrong though.

7. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They do have a Facebook presence - and are re-blogging some of gleff's blog's content - so perhaps Twitter isn't far behind.

8. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would it be so bad to pick up your vehicle in Emerald Isle while participating in a voyeur and exhibitionist amateur night?
    I say NO, let the two businesses merge into the newest rental car craze!

2soonold, Horse and Exiled in Express like this.
  9. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Hooters Air didn't quite work out.

But Hooters Rent-a-Car could be the next big thing.

A bucket of chicken wings every 5th rental. And I won't even mention what you get on your 10th rental...

Ktremor and 2soonold like this.