Yet another great experience with AA: Business ExtrAA is really special

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by jbcarioca, Feb 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    During the season of discontent with things AA I have yet another reason to like AA. A few weeks ago I took a BXP3 award and today realized I might be able to use it going to the KivaDO next month, so I called the EXP desk. Of course it is not their role to do these awards so I was transferred to Meeting Services. The EXP desk person made the connection, stayed on the line and introduced me to the Meeting Services rep. She already knew my request, because the hot transfer included the PNR, so she said "well, let's see, with a BXP3 you need to have "A" inventory. Oops just a second I'll try to clear it for you. possibly ten seconds later she had cleared it, booked me and gave me my preferred FC seat. Done!

OK, we maybe should expect such treatment as a matter of course. I do not. This was seriously good customer service IMO and I am impressed.

This is my second recent post about excellent of AA customer service. I am not EXP any more, but I probably will be soon because IME their treatment is now so good.

TheBeerHunter, sobore, nime01 and 5 others like this.
  2. Aktchi
    Original Member

Aktchi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am signed up for Biz ExtrAA, but wasn't aware until recently that if you use any of those 5%-10% codes floating around, you don't get Biz ExtrAA points. An enthusiastic user of the codes, I have missed out on many points. Oh well. In future I'll try to make an informed decision on which benefit I want.

OceanBreezes, jbcarioca and nime01 like this.
  3. KtownTraveler
    Original Member

KtownTraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    News to me too, and I've been a Business ExtrAA participant for years. Thanks for sharing.

jbcarioca and nime01 like this.
  4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was just about to begin using some of these codes, but have not so far. Thanks for the info. I too will do analysis. I am, as I said, a fan of the upgrades via Business ExtrAA, that give great benefit for little points, rather more than the 10% codes usually might.