YEG MLL Changes?

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by igloocoder, May 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got into the MLL here in YEG and noticed that there are building permits and construction signs in it. Looks like they're adding something north of the entry desk.

Possibly more important is that I noticed the lounge now has both The Glenlivet and Johnny Walker Black in the bar. Nice to see two options for scotch , but I hope its not marking the demise of The Glenlivet in an attempt to standardize with the on board offering.

YULtide likes this.
  2. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just asked the front desk and apparently its the new contract lounge that is getting built. It and the MLL are sharing a common entrance which means you'll be better off packing your bags up the stairs than waiting for the worlds slowest and bumpiest elevator once the contract lounge opens.

YULtide likes this.
  3. CdnFlier
    Original Member

CdnFlier Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's annoying... I wish AC had taken the extra space to expand the MLL! Or add a shower.

4. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based on the MLL locations that actually have showers available, it would seem that the only people flying in Canada that stink are those departing YVR, YYC and YUL. Maybe the rest of Canada has better hygiene...

YULtide likes this.
  5. We stink in YYZ also as there are showers in the domestic lounge. I'm not sure about the international or US ones as I'm always clean when I get to those ones.

2MM_Guy likes this.
  6. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

Status Points:
    By the time I get through to the transborder lounges I always feel a little dirtier than I did when I arrived at the airport....and I feel like I need a smoke too....

2MM_Guy and YULtide like this.
  7. 2MM_Guy
    Original Member

2MM_Guy Gold Member

Status Points:
    And the nude-o-scope does not help! :eek:

8. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still have not been through the nudie scanner! Have asked for a manual pat-down every time. (And observed every time how useless manual scan is for finding anything you'd want to hide ...)

YULtide and 2MM_Guy like this.
  9. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got pulled aside in LHR recently with a "busy bag" which included a tablet, mobile phone, headphones, chargers, alarm clock and so on. Funny thing is, I explicity asked if I needed to remove the tablet and was told only if it's an iPad. I didn't realize the scanners can detect the brand of tablet.

After the fuss was over, I discovered i had some coins in my pocket that I had forgotten to remove. Needless to say, they didn't set off any alarms. :confused:

tomh009 likes this.
  10. AA_EXP09

AA_EXP09 Gold Member

Status Points:
    People really stink in DFW with the AC having showers.