YEG Get-Together July 22

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by YEGman, Jun 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    For those of you who might be interested, there is a YEG-Do brewing for Monday, July 22 at Packrat Louies. www.packratlouie.com.

You can add your name to the list on FT or just put it here and I'll try to advise everyone.

guinnessxyz and YULtide like this.
  2. I might attend

3. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    parnel, Canadi>n and tcook052 at the same time!:eek:

If any fights break out and they get charged I'll advise them all to plead insanity!:p

tomh009 and YULtide like this.
  4. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not to mention YEGman! It's like Ali, Frazier, Forman and Chuvalo...all in the same ring.

5. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    You'll have to buy the Guinness if you do.

YULtide likes this.
  6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:

Shut the front door! That would be an interesting gathering!

YULtide likes this.
  7. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe you could sell tickets? :D

canucklehead likes this.
  8. I will only be there to learn more about travel. :D and listen to yegman do his usual impersonation of a winner:eek:
    Then I will listen to Canadian talk about how great AA is.....hopefully not about his real AA meetings:D
    I could go on but the legion of decency doesn't recommend it.:p

9. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    We'll be on the patio because 'someone's' head otherwise wouldn't fit through the door.:confused:

10. That would be yours or that of the AA champion :p

11. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I'm sure people read it that way....:rolleyes:

12. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lets hope the only rouge spilt is a splash of Rickards Red! :D

I am sure it will be a fun event!

YULtide likes this.
  13. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only thing I'll say about AA at the moment is that I'm on a flight between DFW-LAX, just finished a nice lunch and couple of glasses of Carmenara, and able to read and respond to his post. Can he do the same from any AC flight...even the LAX/SFO ones that are supposedly equipped with GoGo?

14. I just flew to HKG a few days ago and no AC didn't have Internet on the flight but does AA have it across the Pacific? Also I got my upgrade on a flex fare. ;)

15. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Carménère. :)

But for me, the question is, why would I fly YYZ-DFW-LAX if I can fly YYZ-LAX? Life is too short to spend on connecting flights halfway across the continent. At least for me.

16. Tom,
    some guys think flying all over hells half acre to get more miles is efficient for status seeking types.Some are still playing the game as though it was the 90's

17. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Funny, isn't that what FlyerTalk and MilePoint are all about? And why spend $500+ to fly one-way on AC using 10 eUpgrade credits to sit in the front when you can pay half that and fly in the front cabins, not use any upgrade credits and earn 150% more EQMs and 200% more RDMs? Some people have money to burn, I'd rather keep it in my pocket. Not to mention when I redeem an award to YEG from YYZ on AC using my MP miles, it costs me $67 versus $167 and I can change flights as many times as I want with no penalty or additional cost. So say what you want, I'd rather not waste my or my client's money on boosting AC's bottom line.

canucklehead likes this.
  18. If you notice more closely all airlines are working to close those loopholes.
    Firstly I buy flex passes and get upgrades for 4 ecerts to Alberta. I fly there much more than you do so the need to have fixed costs is important to me.
    secondly, with capacity planning getting more precise planes will be full of paying pax much more often. The airlines have discovered how to do this with almost surgical precision and they will only get much better at right sizing planes to suit the route capacity.
    thirdly, AE is leading the way in making reward flights more expensive or market driven. all other carriers are watching this with serious intent to follow suit.
    fourthly, your flying habits are what makes airlines unprofitable and they know it. The fact you are running from program to program almost yearly now proves the system is catching up to you.
    fifthly, My 2MM status gives my wife E50K status for life along with mine. Some changes are coming to the 2mm program that might enable me to become a LT SE. That is worth something when I finally slow down
    sixth, My clients are happy to pay flex fixed fares and I am happy to use my ecerts for these runs because I have many more than I can spend this year. My clients are also happy to buy Z fare tickets to Asia where I have been 6 times this year alone. Try doing that on your system of flying. I also have a european pass that works out very well also. My wife never has to pay for a ticket and flies to Europe several times a year on AE miles and never misses getting the flight she needs.