YEG-EWR UA810 May 2, 2013; EWR-YEG UA773 May 5, 2013

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by YEGman, May 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. YEGman

YEGman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was pleased to be the first person to board UA810 on May 2, 2013 on the inaugural flight and enjoyed the whole trip to EWR in 2E. My only slight complaint was that the scrambled eggs were a tad rubbery for my liking but otherwise the front cabin service was first rate despite the delay due to the fact that they had a glitch with the baggage weights and we were delayed 1/2 hour because of weight and balance issues (some sort of machine wasn't working the pilot advised; he also told us about Channel 9 - information that would never come from AC and a channel that doesn't exist on AC).

I was part of the official mission that included Mayor Stephen Mandel and his wife, Reg Milley of EIA and many others. The flight is an important addition to the YEG business community despite what I understand to be the usual dog-in-the-manger opposition by AC, which provides ZERO trans-border service ex-YEG. Glad I left their programme years ago and switched to CO (US for a while when CO discontinued IAH but went back to CO when that restarted) and now UA.

Got an alert this afternoon that UA773 is delayed due to a late-arriving aircraft so we're not scheduled to leave until 8:30 p.m. I'll post about the return some time later.

YULtide, genemk2, Flyer1976 and 3 others like this.
  2. southender
    Original Member

southender Silver Member

Status Points:
    ah, the joys of UA- delays on both ends on the inaugural flight sets expectations low right from the get go- I use them for station to station flights but get very very worried when I need to connect. that being said, more 'true two class' aircraft in the west can only be a good thing as rouge lurks...