Y Bulkhead Row: Planes with no Underseat Storage in Front?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Explore, Oct 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    SeatGuru and SeatExpert aren't much help when seeking this information, probably because officially you can't store bags under the last F row. But in practice, you usually can if the plane has an appropriate cutout.

So, which aircraft types don't have a cutout that permits this? UA's Airbus planes and sCO's 738 aircraft both have such a cutout.

8MiHi likes this.
  2. lhrsfo
    Original Member

lhrsfo Silver Member

Status Points:
    767, 777 and 747 spring to mind, plus the 319 I flew in the other day.

8MiHi likes this.
  3. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have generally found cutouts in 717s and 737s only (I am not very familiar with Airbus). Unfortunately, they are not in all 717s and 737s and some of those are only big enough for a briefcase. Obviously if there is an entryway, galley or lavatory (all of which can be seen on a seating chart) you can pretty much count on having to stow your luggage OH or in a closet (FA permitting). I am not aware of a reference source to determine in advance if the cut-out is available.

4. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    757s do not have underseat storage in Y bulkhead rows.

5. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    Obviously you can rule out planes with intervening lavs, galleys, etc. I was surprised to hear that the sUA 319s don't have cutouts, since the 320s definitely do. Maybe it is individual plane-specific?