?x points for Sears purchases

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by merice107, Oct 7, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I are going to buy a new washer and dryer soon. I've seen some posts on 10x points for Sears purchases through ultimate rewards. Although we don't have a card that we can shop through ultimate rewards (Sapphire Preferred is on deck for our next churn in December), we do have our AA Citi cards with access to the AAdvantage Shopping Portal. I saw that both Ultimate Rewards and AAdvantage Shopping Portal currently have 4x points on purchases at Sears. Has 10x been available frequently? Every couple of months? Is there any way of knowing when it will be next?

I don't quite understand the 30x trick by using gift cards. I need to read more on it. However, the basic premise is that I buy gift cards for some sort of multiple points bonus, and then use those gift cards to make my purchase online at sears.com? Does that only work if you have the chase Ink card? Is there a way to get even more than 10x per dollar spent at sears using my AA Citi MasterCard?

Thanks for the help. I'm looking forward to getting the most out of our purchase.

2. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you read frequent miler's posts in boarding area you will find the most detail information. Do a search on sears gift card churning.

However, in a nutshell, yes. Buy gift cards from sears via UR portal and then go back into the UR portal to sears and buy the items. Make sure you sign up for the sears program to get more points that can be used towards discounts on future purchases.

We mostly buy from sears too. EE discounts on top of this from wife.

They dropped down for the new month but you can check on Evreward what is the best portal to shop at sears.

3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    evrewards.com is a great way to keep track of the best cash back, miles or points you can get for online purchases from Sears (or other retailers):
    http://evreward.com/store/go/1938

merice107 likes this.
  4. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So you can buy gift cards through UR mall and get the multiple point bonus? I'm not familiar with the UR site but I thought I read on the AAdvantage shopping portal gift cards were not available for multiple point bonuses.

This all makes more sense if the gift cards are available for the bonuses.