Wyndham Rewards: If it disappeared, would anyone notice?

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by travelexpert, Nov 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. travelexpert

travelexpert Active Member

Status Points:
    Other than the Kauai property (which is the only one that goes fro 50,000 points per night), I do not get a sense that the Wyndham family of brands has even one property I would want to stay at?

Stated differently--Wyndham seems to attract only those hotel owners who have mediocre (at best) properties.

Never mind the loyalty program. If the entire chain disappeared--would anyone notice?

Sammich, uggboy and vickers like this.
  2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would happily notice, and I would wish them good riddance.

I had a bad experience at a low-end Wyndham property a few years ago, the hotel refused to fix it, and corporate customer relations refused to take ownership of the issue. Not only did they refuse to immediately deal with the issue (they want to give the hotel a week to respond), but they would not take the issue over after the hotel gave its lame response.

I have stayed at a tolerable Wyndham or two, but they have never truly impressed. Maybe it's because none have been able to produce a feather pillow on request.

Sammich, uggboy and vickers like this.
  3. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Before I started to travel for business and rack up points at nicer chains, I stayed at Wyndham properties. I would say the average is dumpy. I think id rather stay at a Red Roof Inn over a Wyndham property, which I also used to frequent in my younger years. With the exception of Wyngate. Those are nice properties.

Sammich, uggboy and traveltoomuch like this.
  4. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd think it's safe to say most people here on MP have stayed at Wyndham properties once in their lifetime.

I've stayed at three of their chains, Days Inn, Ramada, and Travellodge. I'd say that Ramada is slightly better than their other brands but still pretty crappy. Right now if I'm unable to find a Starwood property in the area I usually go for Best Western.

5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd guess that they have a quite loyal following from non milepoint members.

I'm happy to say I do stay in travel lodges every so often and you get what you pay - as in not much.

daninstl likes this.
  6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    The rewards program? I wouldn't particularly care. I think my few points were starting to expire at the end of last year and I got a magazine subscription... or was that Choice Privileges? I guess I don't even know :)

I do frequently need lower-end properties like HIX or Best Western or even occasionally Super 8 based on my travel destination preferences. So while I don't really care about their loyalty program, I wouldn't want Wyndham properties to disappear.

daninstl likes this.