Wyndham Rewards Hawthorn Suites brand base points earn rate lowered Dec 2010

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by RicGarrido, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RicGarrido
    Original Member

RicGarrido Silver Member

Hawthorn Suites changed from 10 points/$1 to 5 points/$1 earn rate in December 2010 for the Wyndham Rewards program.

There was no mention anywhere that I could find regarding this change. Until the recent change every hotel brand in Wyndham Rewards offered 10 points per dollar. This move follows the lower earning rate for Extended Stay hotel brands seen with:
    • Marriott Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites (5 points/$ rather than 10 points/$1).
    • IHG Priority Club Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites (5 points/$ rather than 10 points/$1).
    • Choice Privileges MainStay Suites and Suburban (5 points/$ rather than 10 points/$1).
    flyingdawg likes this.
  2. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

For me Wyndham Rewards has always been a pretty weak program coupled with very limited properties. I'm kind of surprised they would reduce the earning ration and so dramatically. I've tried to find reasons/excuses to stay at their properties in the past, but it looks like there's almost no reason to go to the effort now.

Thanks for the alert to this change, RicGarrido.