Wyndham - I appreciate Trip Advisor reviews, even if bad

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by dhammer53, Jan 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was researching several Wyndham properties in San Francisco for an upcoming trip. I'll say one thing about Wyndham. I appreciate the links they provide to Trip Advisor reviews, even if they're poor reviews. Thumbs up.

Wyndham has low end properties associated with them. You would think they're trying to put some of those places out of business with some of the reviews that are linked. :D

Just as an example, The Days Inn on Lombard Street. After reading this, who would even consider this hotel?

https://wr.wyndhamrewards.com/Wyndh...33&propBrandId=DI&force_nostay=false&tab=tab5

SC Flier and snap like this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wouldn't it be better and more clever for Wyndham to offer nicer hotels in the first place!

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. People reading those reviews will not believe those reports and will go ahead and book a Wyndham property.:eek: Win, win situation for a Wyndham property:rolleyes:

2soonold and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sad, but true!

TAHKUCT likes this.
  5. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you kidding?? When I read TA reviews, I back off as soon as a property doesn't pass the 'smell' test.

dh

SC Flier and 2soonold like this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    That was :D I was indeed kidding

7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Linking up with public reviews is a great way to introduce more accountability to their hotels, without e.g. added inspections (and cost). Seems like a good way to improve the brand with a low investment, especially for lower-cost brands. They're not necessarily looking for "nicer" (as in more upscale) but rather just adequately clean and well-maintained.

8. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Couple of thoughts:

1. This might actually be some kind of defense against complaints they receive: "Yes, we know your hotel stay was crappy but you could and should have known just how crappy it would be based on publicly available information."

2. When you (jokingly) suggest that they may be willing to drive the hotel out of business, you may be correct. They may recognize the problems at the hotel but not have the leverage to force the manager or franchisee (I don't know how ownership of these hotels is structured) into making changes or giving up the location.

2soonold and flyingdawg like this.
  9. Lyssa
    Original Member

Lyssa Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that's pretty bad. I can't imagine staying there even for free after reading those reviews.

10. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D:eek: