Wyndham - Celebrate with a night on us promotion

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by iang000, Aug 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. iang000

iang000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was sent to me via email:
    Enjoy one qualifying stay at any of our 20 newest properties, and we'll reward you with 16,000 Wyndham Rewards® bonus points—enough for A FREE NIGHT!* Earn up to 3 free nights or 48,000 bonus points!

More places to go. More rewards to enjoy. Take a look at where you can find us now, Ian.

If you check the link there are some properties that are about $53 all in if prepaid. Since Wyndham hotels permits no-shows does this mean that we can book a night at $53, don't show up for the reservation, get the points and the bonus or is there a catch?

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    The catch is that it's targeted, and you need to book using the link that they sent you in the email.

I asked (since I wasn't targeted) and they gave me a rock, those bastards. :)

It's a shame too because one of the participating properties (and there are very few of them) is an hour from my house :(

3. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, you can do a no-show stay and get the points. According to what I was told, you can also set you earnings rate to miles and stack this promo with 4x promo that ends Sept 20th. (must book by Sept 13th).

I did my first stay on Aug 11 and only the 500 points have posted. Wyndham has said that it will take a full 6-8 weeks for the points to post.

IDGflygirl and flyingdawg like this.
  4. iang000

iang000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If the no-show and bonus works, I believe that all you need is the link and you can book through it as though you were targeted. If you PM me, I'll send you the link I have. Looks like I'll be doing some no-shows in Chicago next week.

KathInJax and flyingdawg like this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well that's the catch, I don't actually mind showing up... :) This promo and the earlier Radisson ones are some that I've been lucky enough to be able to use because the hotels are not far, and it's crazy that Wyndham would actually *not* want me to stay there by not extending the promo to me when I asked.

But whatever... I'll send you a PM and we'll see what happens. Worst case I won't get the points but the hotel in CT that I was looking at from the list was only like $60 AI.

IDGflygirl, KathInJax and flyingdawg like this.
  6. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did the PM'd link work for you for the promo? If so, can you forward it?

Cheers

flyingdawg likes this.
  7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't tried it... to be honest I was just thinking about that this morning, and how I'm not sure that it would work if you weren't targeted.

The link displays the list of participating properties, with each property showing the "Book Now" option. The problem is that this "Book Now" option only points to the hotel overview page, and there's no special promo code or anything else.

This is the same link that has been posted in the FT thread, so I'm not worried about re-distributing it here:

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec...rid=1397134296&WID=em:wrt:st:08062012:hotel20

The thread on FT is at a few hundred posts already and so far nobody has received any of the 16k bonus points, even though the points for the stays (phantom or otherwise) have posted.

There's a lot of uncertainty with the promo though, and this is why I hesitate about jumping in. I don't necessarily want a few hundred WR points from 3 stays, but there's no indication anywhere that you would receive the points if you didn't receive the original email, because they could still be doing some kind of verification on the backend.

My strategy is to wait and see if anybody reports actually receiving the bonus points, then jump in with both barrels. The promo is limited to 3 stays per account anyway, and with the promo running for another 30 days I figure I have 2 or maybe even 3 weeks. By then the early August adopters should actually start seeing their bonus points post. If not maybe I'll do the stays on my account but not my wife, to minimize the wasted time/money if the points don't actually post for non-targeted folks.

KathInJax, IDGflygirl and thegrailer like this.
  8. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I should have received the email/link based on the Wyndham reps post. I didn't and am a little peeved lol. Points are points and at 10 to 3 in the morning I am still scouring MP and FT looking for more [signs of an addiction]

IDGflygirl and viguera like this.
  9. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    My first stay was on Aug 11, so far the 16,000 points have not posted. I have contacted Wyndham Rewards and have been told that it will be 6-8 weeks before they post. I also accidentally had my first stay set as miles, so I was worried that you account had to be set to points for the 16,000 points. The T&C did not say that it had to be set to points. Wyndham Rewards has assured me that you will earn the points, even if your stays are set to miles.

This is also supposed to stack with the 4x bonus. As that would mean 2,000 Delta points for stays 2 & 3, I have kept my earnings set to miles.

What I am concerned about is that I think the link is an affiliate link. My link is slightly different than the one posted on FT. I cleared my cookies each time before clicking on the link and making a reservation, but so far Wyndham has not been able to tell me if it has been coded for the promo. The rep kept trying to tell me that as long as the reservation was made online that I would receive the points.

flyingdawg and thegrailer like this.
  10. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah Wyndham created some truly unnecessary confusion with this thing. Had they set up a proper registration page people would know whether the stays would count rather than just guessing / hoping it will. The way things are now it looks like *everybody* that books online at one of the participating properties would get the bonus, since there's nothing to indicate otherwise.

flyingdawg, KathInJax and thegrailer like this.
  11. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Bingo! I'll keep it brief since I spewed on FT but a decent promo and an enjoyable stay makes me a customer. Wyndham blew it.

flyingdawg and KathInJax like this.
  12. iang000

iang000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just checked the link for the promo and the Utah location which is on the list of 20 properties is at $45.03 all in if you book for this Thursday, which is still valid for the 4X promotion (if you already had at least 1 stay). I booked it for 1 night at that rate. This is not even a prepaid but the regular rate which can be cancelled as late as Wednesday night. I don't expect to be canceling nor staying at the location as I don't live near Salt Lake City. For that rate, it's worth the risk of not getting the promo.

flyingdawg, viguera and IDGflygirl like this.
  13. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had to call Wyndham today to get my no show reservations posted correctly. The CSR didn't have any problem with this, but it is still annoying that it is not processed correctly. The stay shows up as non-qualifying and then you have to call. You then have to wait 72 hours after the call to make sure that it has posted.

I did have another conversation with them about if theses stays qualified. She had to go ask someone and said that as long as I clicked through the e-mail, that it qualified. I asked if they are using affiliate links to track. She had no idea. She just told me that they can track it and to wait 6-8 weeks.

Given the problems that occur with affiliate links, I do not have high hopes that these points will automatically post.

flyingdawg and IDGflygirl like this.
  14. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:

Neither do I... and it's probably going to be an even bigger mess later when people call to get the bonus points and there's an argument about whether you were indeed targeted or not.

Completely unnecessary and messy.

flyingdawg, thegrailer and KathInJax like this.
  15. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering if anybody took the plunge and received the *bonus* 16k points for this promo yet.

flyingdawg likes this.
  16. iang000

iang000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No bonus yet but I have already done 2 phantom stays and both have posted the original points. The bonus is supposed to post 6 to 8 weeks after the stay. Since these things are usually automated, that is they are done by computer and the computer doesn't know if someone actually stayed or was a no-show I assume there should be no issue getting the bonus. As for the people who did not get the email, this is something I do not know.

flyingdawg likes this.
  17. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    My first stay was Aug 11 - I am at 5 weeks and counting. I went ahead and did the other 2 stays so that I could get quadruple miles for the stay. I have been consistently told to wait the 6-8 week time frame.

flyingdawg likes this.
  18. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Points for all three night posted!

Flyer1976, flyingdawg and IDGflygirl like this.
  19. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    16K or regular points? :)

flyingdawg likes this.
  20. jeffrey930

jeffrey930 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yay all points posted 48K Wyndham points and 4,500 miles for AA thanks to 4X promo. All stay where phantom. :)

flyingdawg, KathInJax and IDGflygirl like this.
  21. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep - 16,000 x 3 points posted.

flyingdawg and viguera like this.
  22. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    mine posted too ! 48,000 points. Well done to Wyndham Customer Service

flyingdawg, KathInJax and IDGflygirl like this.
  23. iang000

iang000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Mine too. I got all the bonus points posted for the stays already completed. 32,000 bonus points plus the original points for the stays eventhough I didn't ever stay anywhere. I have one more real stay scheduled for October. Now I have to wait to see if I get the 4X bonus that was promised for the last stay. I wonder if they give 4X for the bonus also or is it just for the original stay points? This turned out to be a nice way to accumulate miles. Thanks Wyndham!

flyingdawg likes this.
  24. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just go my first bonus points for 16,000 for a August 31 stay so made another booking. I always called customer service after making reservation to make sure it will qualify. Will I do a 3rd stay, I don't know. Its nice to know it works though.

iang000 likes this.
  25. iang000

iang000 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I completed the last of the 3 bonus stays on Sunday. The points for the stay just posted. I'll wait a bit to see if the bonus posts. Meanwhile I'd like to find a cheap Wyndham motel somewhere for under $25 per night to do a no-show at so I can cash in on the $25 visa gift card promotion. Anybody know a Wyndham motel that is going for under $25 all in? I think last year during the Grand Slam there was one in TN for $22. I can't remember the city.