WTF? Non-qualifying stay???

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by CescoAiel, Jan 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just stayed at the Abu Dhabi IC for 9 nights, and it was spread over 3 rezzies, because they couldn't provide me a single room rate on the company rate for the period I was staying. I stayed there before (on company rate), and always got points and qualified nights...​
    The first 2 rezzies (1 and 6 nights) have now posted as non-qualifying stays! :eek: No points, no qualifying nights! :(
    I can tell you, the company rate is HIGHER than their best rate was... :rolleyes:
    According to the PC site:​
    I can say for certain 2 and 4 are not applicable (I paid with a Credit Cards and the rezzies were not overlapping!)
    I can say that #3 is - strictly speaking - true, as we book all our reservations through the company travel portal, but that never was an issue before!
    #1, yes I was on a corporate contract rate, but it's more expensive than their best rate was for the same room on the same dates. Also that never was an issue before either!

Seriously bummed here, because - together with bonus points - this would've been 30k points worth...

I'll wait for the 3rd one to post, and then try calling them to find out *why* it is not posting (and see whether I can get that changed (not getting my hopes up on that tho!)...
    I also have chatted with and received contact-details of a few of the local ICs sales execs and their resident manager, so I may also try e-mailing them to see whether they can find out what/why...

Sorry, had to vent, and if there's any place people understand my frustration, it's gonna be MP!...

GoodBoy, uggboy, Kalboz and 1 other person like this.
  2. malikguy

malikguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry to hear that. Sometimes computer systems do things based on what we think they are supposed to but then they end up doing the opposite. I hope you get your points/stay credited! Keep us posted.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Priority Club does this with some frequency, and they're often doing it contrary to their own terms and conditions.

One of the most common things I hear from Priority Club is that a rate is too low, "discounted more than 30%" although this rule (a) doesn't apply to all rates in fact 'worldwide sales negotiated rate' and 'government rate' are specifically eligible for points regardless of how deep th discount, and (b) the "discounted more than 30%" language applies only to 'locally negotiated rates' and is specifically included in the terms and conditions only with respect to hotels in the Americas and it's further specifically stated that ALL Asia Pacific locally negotiated rates earn points [though I've seen Priority Club deny points on those for being discounted > 30%].

Basically you just keep pushing. I've never, in the end, been denied the points that I thought I was entitled to even if it was done as "a one-time exception" rather than Priority Club admitting they were wrong...

notme2012, uggboy, foxberg and 3 others like this.
  4. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah... That is why I'm waiting for the 3rd one to post, so I can query and push for the entire stay at once (And who knows, maybe all points get put on that 3rd one... Unlikely, but a guy can dream, can't he? :rolleyes: )

5. I agree with Gleff. They administer the PC program out of a third Country and sometimes the employees are not well trained in the vicissitudes of this program. Don't ever give up. By the way I use a corporate rate program that at times is 30% below their "retail" rate and have never been denied.

GoodBoy, Kalboz and LETTERBOY like this.
  6. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had this happen after a full rack rate stay that resulted in over 40k Priority Club points....called them and had it fixed immediately.

7. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wait for all nights to be posted and then call PCR guest relations about those that didn't get any points. You might get lucky.

GoodBoy, uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  8. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last one posted today, but it is incorrect as well... It only lists 1 night, but I paid for 2... But at least it *does* see it as a qualifying stay! :rolleyes:

I'll be calling them today or tomorrow (depending on workload)... At least I can point out that all nights were on the same corporate rate... It probably mistook these 3 subsequent rezzies as overlaps (since "checkout" for one happens on the same date as 'check-in' for the next one...), so that should be fairly easy to clarify!

Will post the result once I know it! ;)

GoodBoy, uggboy, foxberg and 2 others like this.
  9. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finally got round to calling them. They asked me to send an email with all the details, and they will investigate...

Email is sent, and I received a read receipt... So now I wait! :rolleyes:

<To be continued>

GoodBoy and uggboy like this.
  10. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just received an email that they've corrected the posted stays... Yay for PC! ;)

GoodBoy and LETTERBOY like this.