Wrong equipment. Just a computer glitch?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by trobb49, Aug 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just went to the UA site to double check my seating for a KIX-SFO-EWR flight later this month and was shocked to see that the itinerary listed an A320 as the equipment for the trans-pacific flight. UA885/886 uses a 777-200 or a 747. In fact the A320 doesn't have sufficient range to make the hop, anyway.

The seating chart would not come up, but when I attempted to verify the equipment by making a new reservation in C, it still showed a 777-200 as the equipment, so I guess it's just a computer glitch, but a weird one. A320-KIX-SFO.jpg

2. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, just a computer glitch and a common one lately.

At least you had a mainline plane, I've seen regional equipment pop up on inter-continental flights.

Sent from a place using a fruit thing.

3. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you might have had a "stealth schedule change" which will not show in red as I see "meal code 1" and when ever I see that, there has been a slight time change so take a look at the times and see if they changed by only a few minutes and if yes, call in to have it cleaned up (and then your correct a/c should show)

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    United runs massive schedule changes through their systems every weekend and has been doing so pretty much since the merger happened. Those schedule changes involve updating several different parts of the system so there are times when the pieces get out of sync, even if nothing specific on your reservation has changed. It always goes back to the way it should be when they're done and there's no need to worry about it.

trobb49 likes this.
  5. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    well, since KIX-SFO is longer than flying from TLS (where it was likely built) to SEA, I'm guessing that ain't gonna happen. But if it does, I'm in!

6. Weatherboy

Weatherboy Gold Member

Status Points:

What is it about the merger that makes these major schedule changes happen with such regularity?

I set aside time every Monday to check on weekend changes for upcoming United itineraries. Can't wait to play tomorrow, "What did United do to me now?".

7. dayone
    Original Member

dayone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup. It's UA's Saturday night (and Sunday) update fever. Temperature will be back to normal on Monday.

Gtitan likes this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are continually changing the allocation of sUA and sCO planes on different routes and times. Because they do not yet have the unions fully integrated they cannot swap aircraft types around nearly as easily. They do the work on weekends because it involves so many changes that they essentially batch them up and release them into the system. It takes a while for all the bits to cycle through and in the meantime things get out of sync.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  9. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA is required to maintain certain flying ratios for the legacy CO and legacy UA workgroups, which adds complexity to adjustments in scheduling. Moving around just a few aircraft can trigger numerous flight schedule changes to keep the airline in compliance with its obligations.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  10. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't speak as to schedule changes under PMCO as I never flew them but under PMUA, Saturday morning was always schedule change roulette day

LETTERBOY likes this.
  11. trobb49

trobb49 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just an update. I had to call the 1K desk to get the flag removed so that I could see the seating charts again, but once that was done the equipment changed back to the 777-200 that it should have been all along, just as 'Misplaced Texan' predicted. Thanks for the comments.